Re: Not receiving some text messages on Samsung Fascinate
tawest64

Two nights ago @8pm my 20 y/o daughter went out for the night, said she'd text me her plans... 11 am the next day, I still haven't heard from her.  I text and call and text and call and get no response (this is not normal for her).  I FREAK OUT and am about to report her missing.  Well, Verizon.... she wasn't getting my calls or texts and she'd been texting me telling me her wherabouts just like she said she would.  When I finally got ahold of her (on a landline, mind you) I went ballistic - on her, not knowing I WASN'T GETTING ANY OF HER MESSAGES and that we were unable to communicate with each other.  Seriously, this is so not cool - I honestly thought something had happened to my kid.  This unacceptable and I am furious.

0 Likes
k6smith
Enthusiast - Level 2

We have 4 Samsung Fascinates on our plan of 5.  2 of them we've had since Nov 2010.  They worked great and talked the other two into getting them as well about 2 months ago.  Now, 3 of them have the update on them and since then have had the same problem with not receiving calls and txts!   We've been on the phone with Verizon every other day, we've upgraded to ED01, then ED03, then ED04, done factory resets multiple times, and run every test know to any phone and yet the problem still remains. Just tonight my husband tried to call me 5 times before finally leaving me a message that all of sudden alerts me without receiving any of the calls! We've had similar situations that have been blown up because we didn't know we weren't getting txts or calls!!!!!  All I can say is that Samsung/Verizon better fix this soon!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

justbeachee wrote:

I'm having the same problems, someone says they text me and I don't get it, or I hear the text alert and don't see it.  I also was not getting some calls which the verizon tech say I needed to update my towers which I did.  I get the calls but the texts are still messed up and It seems it started after the OS upgrade..... when will it get fixed???

Thank you for your feedback justbeachbee. Adding to what was stated, Are you still experiencing the issue? Are you able to get to text messages and calls from others without any problems? Was it just one message or many messages from the one person? A suggestion would be for you to send a text message to the one person that you were not receive the one message from to see if your message goes through. Then ask that same person to reply back to your sent message to see if it comes back to you. This will test the matter to see if your issue was a one time error or something happening more than once. In getting messed up calls and text, that is a general statement where more details of what your meaning would be helpful. There was mention from other member's postings related to the problems with the OS update. The problems have varied because of specifics of one person's issue was different and unrelated to another person. Please trying the suggestion and reply back if needed with your results. Here is a link that can help with the text messaging issue:  http://support.vzw.com/clc/faqs/TXT%20messaging/faq.html

0 Likes
kwinegar

Just Noticed today that I am Having this same problem . Now Im wondering how many important messages Ive missed. I already missed recieving directions to an important meeting . This is so NOT COOL!   also adding this . I have tried to reset the phones me and my husband both have same phone . have tried to remove any apps that may cause problems etc.. . Still not working with texting from husband or from others and its on both phones . doesnt matter if person is on same nework or diffrent .   AND dont get me wrong we both love our samsung phonses . this is the only problem we have had . Hopefully they fix this because we dont want diffrent phones . This thing has awesome screen and in my opinion is better than an Iphone.

0 Likes
erybin01

Sorry about the previous post--

I've been having the same issue for over a month now. I've been into the store twice for it and both times both hard and soft resets were done. I also had done both hard and soft resets on my own before even going, it did not fix the problem. It is completely random who I do and don't get messages from. It also doesn't matter if I have full service or partial service or what time of day or night. I have not been able to figure out any sort of pattern as to when these messages do not come through. I've also called the phone replacement number once to get a phone replaced and customer service insisted on doing a hard reset yet again.. not surprisingly.. it didn't fix the issue. The last time I was in the store customer service said they must "replicate my problem" before they can authorize a replacement. That is pretty hard to do considering I have no idea what triggers the missed messages and of course it worked just fine in the store. It's nice to see I'm not crazy though and that other people are having the same issue, bad that the issue is out there, but good that I'm not alone. I guess at this point I'm trying to figure out if it's even worth it to keep fighting for a phone replacement, would that even fix my issue? Is it a hardware or software issue? My screen freezes and seems to have a mind of it's own at points, but that's not that big of an issue, I'm really concerned with not getting my messages. If there is no resolution to this issue, I am going to request to go back to a non-smartphone because I really can't afford to miss important work or personal messages. I'd like to know if there is a solution out there, other than the most recent upgrade (that didn't fix it) or hard resetting the phone (I swear that hasn't had any effect on the issue either!)? I understand this isn't any of the customer service people's fault, it's just getting pretty frustrating and I'd like to know what my options are at this point. Thanks.

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

erybin01 wrote:

I've been having the same issue for over a month now. I've been into the store twice for it and both times both hard and soft resets were done. I also had done both hard and soft resets on my own before even going, it did not fix the problem. It is completely random who I do and don't get messages from. It also doesn't matter if I have full service or partial service or what time of day or night. I have not been able to figure out any sort of pattern as to when these messages do not come through. I've also called the phone replacement number once to get a phone replaced and customer service insisted on doing a hard reset yet again.. not surprisingly.. it didn't fix the issue. The last time I was in the store customer service said they must "replicate my problem" before they can authorize a replacement. That is pretty hard to do considering I have no idea what triggers the missed messages and of course it worked just fine in the store. It's nice to see I'm not crazy though and that other people are having the same issue, bad that the issue is out there, but good that I'm not alone. I guess at this point I'm trying to figure out if it's even worth it to keep fighting for a phone replacement, would that even fix my issue? Is it a hardware or software issue? My screen freezes and seems to have a mind of it's own at points, but that's not that big of an issue, I'm really concerned with not getting my messages. If there is no resolution to this issue, I am going to request to go back to a non-smartphone because I really can't afford to miss important work or personal messages. I'd like to know if there is a solution out there, other than the most recent upgrade (that didn't fix it) or hard resetting the phone (I swear that hasn't had any effect on the issue either!)? I understand this isn't any of the customer service people's fault, it's just getting pretty frustrating and I'd like to know what my options are at this point. Thanks.

Check your contacts and see if there number has a 1 preceding their phone number.
0 Likes
erybin01

I  just checked.. none of my contacts have a 1 before their number
0 Likes
TominqueBo_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello k6smith,

I can understand how important it is to receive all calls and text.  I do want to ensure we are aware of this and the issue has been escalated to Samsung to provide a resolution.  We will keep you all posted with any updates.  Thank you. 

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

erybin01 wrote:

If you want to make the problem happen leave your phone sit for a hour with out touching it

I think Everyone is having same Issue when it goes in to deep sleep it will not Wake on it's own

Missed Calls, Alarm not working when it is set ,Missed Texts

They  all come from same issue phone not wakeing up. I believe there is one common link to all these Problems

and it has to do with Power Management-Not the CDMA Radio in the phone

0 Likes
ncb329

Can someone tell me why this thread is listed as solved?! Nothing about this problem has been solved and the post listed as the solution does absolutely nothing to fix the problem!

0 Likes