Re: Not receiving some text messages on Samsung Fascinate
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

That is the same thing they have been doing to everyone not sure why

But would like to know also The missed Call Issue is also not Resolved as they have said there resolution does nothing to fix problem

0 Likes
kewlandkrazy

The link provided by the Verizon employee is an insult.  It covers just the basics of text messaging and doesn't answer anything about the problems so many of us are having.  When will this be resolved?  I am missing PHONE CALLS and TEXT MESSAGES after the update a few weeks ago.

0 Likes
jhieber

I have the same issue as well, and yesterday I had just answered a text from my wife, she then replied to it and I didn't get the reply for 40 minutes, she was two blocks away when she sent me the message and my phone wasn't even asleep.

0 Likes
chasinr33

I too am not receiving MULTIPLE texts or calls on a daily basis, which is causing unnecessary conflicts. All of this started occuring after this past update.

This is getting to be a bit old, Verizon. Same problems, different phone. How about some proper solutions, and properly working phones now or you will lose a long time customer to another service provider.

0 Likes
Tarrant

Same issue.  This needs to remain bumped, as both it and the missed called issue, which I expect are related, should be top priority.

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

Tarrant wrote:

Same issue.  This needs to remain bumped, as both it and the missed called issue, which I expect are related, should be top priority.

Try This Fix was the following: Call cust service. Tell them you're having a problem with your phone and please transfer you to tech support. Tell tech support the problem. Tell them according to the Verizon Wireless community forums, this is a probable fix. Have them 'remove/drop' your phone from their network. They'll need the MEID for this under the battery. Then have them add your phone back to their network. Should take all of a couple minutes, tops. Once they've readded it. Call *228 and do option '1' to activate your phone. Then try the update again. Odds are the updates will now work. This has fixed this exact problem for a lot of people. good luck.
0 Likes
k6smith
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've had the same issue with missing many txt and calls.  I also have been told that some of the txts I send get recieved 5-6 times when I only sent them once!  What the heck is going on???????????  We have 4 samsung fascinates on our plan and all three that have the 2.2 update are having the same issues.  2 of them we've had since Nov and didn't have any issues with them until the update.  It's been 2 months now since the update though and 2 months of missing calls and txts.  This is seriously the most frustrating thing!!!!!!  Why is it taking so long for them to fix it??????????

0 Likes
Tarrant

Bumping this for visibility.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I understand everyone's frustration over this issue and I agree it is taking a long time to resolve this issue. Our product team is still in the process of testing the resolution and we want to make sure that the software is free of errors so something like this doesn't happen again. We don't have any new information other than Samsung provided a resolution, but we are still testing it and working on getting that fix pushed out to users. No date has been communicated. I understand the importance of receiving all your calls and text messages and that customers are tired of waiting. I can't address everyone individually and look at each of your accounts, but I would recommend contacting our tech support at 800-922-0204 option 3 for further options. 

0 Likes
nienie

{please keep your posts courteous}This is unacceptable that Verizon expects customers to have junk equipment that VERIZON SOLD and stated it would work.  This is a Verizon problem and they need to make it right.  Would you pay your monthly electrical bill if you only sometimes had electricity?  Come on, this we don't have a deadline as to when this issue will be fixed is bullcrap.  Enough is Enough!

There were three comparable phones to choose from.  The Samsung Droid Charge, HTC Incredible 2, Droid X2 by Motorola..  You are paying Verizon for cellular phone services.  These services should work.  If they sold you the phone then it really is their problem- PERIOD.  Don't let them jerk you around.  You deserve a phone that works as this is part of your contract.  Don't give in to factory reset and getting a million other fascinate phones sent to you because this does not solve the problem.  My phone works worse since allowing them to talk me into resetting it. 

When calling into Verizon remember they have call centers all over the US.  If you don't like what you are hearing.  Hang up and call again.  The biggest thing I have found is don't back down.  Fight it out with them.  I spent over two hours fighting then hung up and called again and was able to get a replacement phone..  Bottom line is they are providing a service with equipment that you have bought through them that they state works.  I don't care if it is a Samsung phone- Verizon sold it so Verizon needs to fix it.  There should be no more of we understand how inconvenient this is and we are waiting for a fix.  Not acceptable.  Most people need their cellular phones to work and the fascinate is not reliable and has MAJOR issues.

0 Likes