No sound during phone call and screen won't shut off during calls
cash74

Just bought a Nexus last Friday. It was fine until Sunday when it updated to 4.2.2. I am experiencing the battery life issues everyone is talking about but I also lost all audio. I can not make or receive phone calls and I can not stream music. Along with the audio issue, my screen no longer turns off when you are talking on the phone. I found an app that enables the audio, but I will eventually have to pay for it once the trial runs out. Is anyone having the same issue, if so, is there a solution?

0 Likes
Re: No sound during phone call and screen won't shut off during calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want you to love your Nexus as much as I love mine cash74! The problems you have described are unusual. The update should only improve the performance. I would start by removing your battery and then reseat your SIM card. If the device is still unresponsive, please test in safe mode to rule out the possibility of third party app conflict with the new os. http://tiny.cc/r3a4xw

Sincerely,

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: No sound during phone call and screen won't shut off during calls
cash74

I tried safe mode and the issue persists. I have also tried the hard reset and it does not solve the issue either. Should I send the phone back and buy another or do you think having Samsung re-flash will solve the problem?

0 Likes