Nexus Dropping all service Randomly.
zioralsa

Hello everyone,

I have had my Verizon Galaxy Nexus for only 3 days now, and from the moment it was activated, it randomly drops all service, voice, data, everything.  I've done a battery pull, S.I.M. card pull, and the various other "fixes" that I have come across that do not require altering of any software.  Nothing has helped at all.  So I went to my local Verizon Wireless store to see if they had any insight.  They told me that the problem was my S.I.M. card, and they could just replace it really fast and there would be no more problems.

And it worked GREAT!!!!   For about 20 minutes, then the service dropping started back again.  Due to this problem I have had my first Verizon to Verizon call drop.  I really like this phone, and I want it to work out, but something has to be done to help alleviate this glaring defect.

Is anyone else suffering from this problem as well?

0 Likes
Re: Nexus Dropping all service Randomly.
davegr
Contributor - Level 2

Nope, mine works great.  Running >Edited to comply with Forums Terms of use<.  People seem to be having a lot of problems with the phone and it's wireless.  Not sure what's going on.  Kinda curious if there's some phones out there with hardware problems.  When I first got my phone the radio was a bit shaky, but once I >Edited to comply with Forums Terms of use< all seemed fine.  Then >Edited to comply with Forums Terms of use<and they have been working fine for me.  Only dropped calls have been on my friend's side.  She has tmobile.

~D

Message was edited by: Moderator

0 Likes
zioralsa

I have read that >Edited to comply with Forums Terms of use< will improve signal strength, but

I feel that the phone should be "usable" when you get it.   I hope they

roll out the official updates soon, as many people whom aren't tech savvy

are going to be really upset.

0 Likes
davegr
Contributor - Level 2

I feel it was totally usable.  I'm sure people will think I'm a donkey for saying so but if you're not tech savvy, you should have gotten a RAZR.

0 Likes
zioralsa

Well as a Verizon phone, dropping signal randomly while in a strong signal

area is not a good thing.   I'm thinking about getting >Edited to comply with Forums Terms of use<  I just didn't think that would be a

requirement to use the basic functions of the phone.

Other than the signal issue I love the phone.   It's much faster and more

responsive than my Charge was.

0 Likes
davegr
Contributor - Level 2

So by "dropping" signal, what do you mean?  as in it disappears and you can't even call?  The meter on the phone looks touch as it only reads the signal of LTE.  But I have NEVER had it just drop voice.  I think if it is dropping voice you should take it back and see if a new one fixes the problem.  Also, >Edited to comply with Forums Terms of use<  Once you do, you'll never look back.  There's plenty of flavors of good >Edited to comply with Forums Terms of use< out there.  I'm a >Edited to comply with Forums Terms of use< guy myself.

~D

0 Likes
zioralsa

>Edited to comply with Forums Terms of use< on my X.   But yeah, I lose 3g, 4G, and voice.  No service at all.

0 Likes
davegr
Contributor - Level 2

Well there you go.  Return your phone and come join the >Edited to comply with Forums Terms of Use< fun.

~D

0 Likes
zioralsa

They have a bad habit of giving refurbished phones when you take it back.

I like my new stuff pristine Smiley Sad

I don't believe I have tried >Edited to comply with forums Terms of Use<, although I have heard good things.

0 Likes
davegr
Contributor - Level 2

Do what I did with my Charge and send it back to samsung for repair.  Takes a lot longer but it's worth it.  Shoot, I'd even send you my sim card adapter so you can go back to the charge while your nexus is in the shop.

0 Likes