New galaxy nexus, unable to activate via *228
endo17

Hi , I just tried to activate my new Nexus and it would not activate when I turned it on and then when I tried to use the *228 activation it says it cannot send?

Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: New galaxy nexus, unable to activate via *228
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

4G phones activate via the SIM card. You never dial *228 to activate it. Put the SIM card in the phone and turn on the phone. The activation process will occur automatically.

I hope you didn't fry the SIM card from trying to activate the phone when you dialed that number.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
endo17

Ann154,When I turned the phone on it tried to activate via the SIM and it couldn't do it. I then tried the *228 and it immediately said cant send. I have since turned on the Wifi and have gone though two updates and the last being the JB update and it now appears to be trying to activate again. We shall see what happens.

Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 11:39:46 -0600

To: (deleted personal informato as per VZW ToS)

Subject: Re: New galaxy nexus, unable to activate via *228 - Re: New galaxy nexus, unable to activate via *228

created by Ann154 in Samsung Galaxy Nexus - View the full discussion

4G phones activate via the SIM card. You never dial *228 to activate it. Put the SIM card in the phone and turn on the phone. The activation process will occur automatically.  I hope you didn't fry the SIM card from trying to activate the phone when you dialed that number.

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Wireless Community

Start a new discussion in Samsung Galaxy Nexus by email or at Verizon Wireless Community

(Deleted personal/private information)

We respect your privacy.  Please review our privacy policy for more information.

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator (M)

0 Likes
endo17

It's a no go with the JB activation.Suggestions?

Remove SIM and put it back in?

Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 11:39:46 -0600

To: (Deleted personal information to comply with )

Subject: Re: New galaxy nexus, unable to activate via *228 - Re: New galaxy nexus, unable to activate via *228

created by Ann154 in Samsung Galaxy Nexus - View the full discussion

4G phones activate via the SIM card. You never dial *228 to activate it. Put the SIM card in the phone and turn on the phone. The activation process will occur automatically.  I hope you didn't fry the SIM card from trying to activate the phone when you dialed that number.

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Wireless Community

Start a new discussion in Samsung Galaxy Nexus by email or at Verizon Wireless Community

(Deleted personal/private information as per VZW ToS)

We respect your privacy.  Please review our privacy policy for more information.

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator (M)

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

So the phone is telling you that you have no service at all?

Settings > about phone > phone signal to check what is the status of the network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
endo17

signal status is -75 dBm

network LTE13

service state:In Service

mobile network state: disconnected

I talked to a verizon rep via this very phone and they did some stuff on their end and told me to remove the SIM and put it back in but I can't place any calls, 3G or 4G

0 Likes
endo17

OK, now 3g is working, but LTE is not. Do you think it is a bad SIM card?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No, not yet. It can take a few hours for the SIM card to fully activate. Calls go over the CDMA 1xRTT network not the 3G or 4G network.

0 Likes
endo17

Okay I'll wait a while then.

0 Likes
fergieg
Contributor - Level 2

Ann, please ENLIGHTEN us by explaining how dialing *228 could "fry" a SIM card. What does it exactly do to the SIM to be considered "fried"?

0 Likes