New Phone - Old User
CaroleC

I'm a grandmother who just purchased a Samsung Fascinate.  I'm doing pretty well for "old school" but when I come to learning, I'm so much better off having a manual.  Is there one available for this phone?  For example, where can I find out how to change Contact information?  How do I initiate an email (I can receive them and respond).  I know these are very basic things to most of you, but not to me.  Any help  out there?

0 Likes
Re: New Phone - Old User
PJNC284
Master - Level 2
0 Likes
Labarlow

ON Verizon's site if you go to the phone, under phones and devices, click the fascinate and then click the simulator.  It walks you through everything on the screen while using your mouse as you would be touching your own phone... 

0 Likes
ladybell
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hey Gamma!

OK so if you want to "change" a contacts information then follow these steps:

• Select contacts from your home screen
  • Scroll to the contact you'd like to edit
  • Select the menu button on the far bottom left
  • Select the edit button
  • and then make the changes to the field that you need
  • Then save

How are you on adding new contacts?  Are you needing help there too?

0 Likes
ladybell
Enthusiast - Level 3

Oh and by the way, for some quick tips on how to get things rolling with your phone, I found a site that was a little helpful.  Try visiting www.new-samsung.phones.com/samsung-fascinate and then go through some of the things there to help you get a feel for moving around on your new phone. 

Its a good phone and if you just got it, do all you can to personalize the things you want or need, so if you do find out things don't work like maybe they should you can trade in or get help and so on.  They only give you 30 days to return it.  It is an electronic device and not everyone comes out of the box just perfect.  It's a great phone though.

www.androidcentral .com has helpful info about the android operating system this phone uses and I hear www.appbrain.com is a good place to visit also.  I will friend you on here in case you more help.  I am learning too and it's allot of fun. 

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

If she purchased it after the 16th, she'll only get 14 days since they changed it.

0 Likes
ladybell
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wow!  Didn't know that.  Thansk for the update.  Go gammy Go!  LOL

0 Likes