My Fascinate does not like Android 2.2 Froyo
darklightusn
Ok, just got the Android 2.2 Froyo update today. My Fascinate does not like it. Nothing works the way it used to, and the "pretty" they put on it does not make up for the pain in the **bleep** it has become. Try to delete single or multiple image and it locks up, takes forever to open some apps. Media scanner will start and will not stop. Shutting down and restarting does not help. Is there any was to go back to the old software that works? Thanks for any help or info. DLS
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My Fascinate does not like Android 2.2 Froyo
Tidbits
Legend
Go into settings privacy uncheck the restore and then uncheck backup. Wait about and hour do a factory reset then don't log into Google when it's finished. Go back into the privacy settings and make sure restore and backup is unchecked. Then log into Google. Then all should be well. If not then it might be best to do a fresh manual install as the install of the update might be bad. It's something that is android specific and not device specific.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Did you try a factory reset? or just clearing the cache?

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

darklightusn wrote:
Ok, just got the Android 2.2 Froyo update today. My Fascinate does not like it. Nothing works the way it used to, and the "pretty" they put on it does not make up for the pain in the **bleep** it has become. Try to delete single or multiple image and it locks up, takes forever to open some apps. Media scanner will start and will not stop. Shutting down and restarting does not help. Is there any was to go back to the old software that works? Thanks for any help or info. DLS
I first would try a factory reset and then still unhappy with the results, you have a couple of choices, ask for a replacement or revert to version 2.1, and yes, you can revert but only if you go to Android Central Fascinate forums
0 Likes
ldiamond
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just got the 2.2 Froyo update this morning and instantly regreted the download, the result is 40 minutes and 3 agents later (including an agent from Samsung) I had to do a hard reset on my fascinate back to the old operating system....is this update working for anyone? 

0 Likes
bluestar
Contributor - Level 1

Will a factory reset automatically delete the update and restore 2.1?  This would be terrific news.

ldiamond wrote:

I just got the 2.2 Froyo update this morning and instantly regreted the download, the result is 40 minutes and 3 agents later (including an agent from Samsung) I had to do a hard reset on my fascinate back to the old operating system....is this update working for anyone? 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

bluestar wrote:

Will a factory reset automatically delete the update and restore 2.1?  This would be terrific news.

ldiamond wrote:

No.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mls72

I sympathize.  I used to love my phone & now it's friggin annoying.  Screens go in and out and the task manager randomly pops up,  A voice/microphone thing pops up at least ten times a day even if I didn't press it. And it freezes all the time.  I have to take the battery out.  I never had to do that before. I'm about to call technical support now

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

mls72 wrote:

I sympathize.  I used to love my phone & now it's friggin annoying.  Screens go in and out and the task manager randomly pops up,  A voice/microphone thing pops up at least ten times a day even if I didn't press it. And it freezes all the time.  I have to take the battery out.  I never had to do that before. I'm about to call technical support now

They'll tell you to do a factory reset.  As I said before in other threads similar to this.  You have corrupted Cache.  Clearing the cache could remedy your problem.  You won't lose any information with 2.2 if backed up correctly.  If you are truly worried about losing certain information you would back up anyway. 

0 Likes
Herbb623
Contributor - Level 3

1)  How does one clear the 'Cache' ??

2)  I've done 2 factory resets. Each time, Google automatically 'reinstalls' all the apps I want to get rid of ?

How do I do a factory reset and NOT allow Google to reinstall all my old apps and settings?

( I'm trying to get to a clean install as if first day of purchase with no marker apps installed and original Froyo default settings. )

I do not care if I lose everything on phone !!

Thanks.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend
Go into settings privacy uncheck the restore and then uncheck backup. Wait about and hour do a factory reset then don't log into Google when it's finished. Go back into the privacy settings and make sure restore and backup is unchecked. Then log into Google. Then all should be well. If not then it might be best to do a fresh manual install as the install of the update might be bad. It's something that is android specific and not device specific.
0 Likes