Multiple Fascinate Issues
jump_shooter

I don't know where to start.  I've had constant Fascinate issues that all began with the Froyo update.  I miss calls, I get texts 20+ minutes aftere they are sent (if at all) and Verizon keeps forcing 'refurbished' pieces of junk on me.  I have two FedEx boxes in my car right now with Fascinates that are being sent back because of other issues.  I've spent the last two weeks dealing with Fascinates that have multiple issues besides the firmware problem that started all of this.  

I've spoken with Samsung and they don't care.  I will never consider another Samsung device, which is sad because I really liked the last phone I had (Blackjack).  It is amazing that Verizon, a public company with over $6.6 Billion in cash on its balance sheet, refuses to allow customers the option of getting a different device.  You can bet if I canceled my service they'd be all over me for the $275 ripoff cancelation fee.  Yet they won't take the high road and let me purchase another phone.

I thought AT&T was a nightmare.  Verizon is just as bad.  I can't say they only care about thier shareholders, because I AM A SHAREHOLDER!  The Fascinate has been such a disruption to my business and life that I'm drafting legal papers.  After programming my 5th Fascinate in the last three weeks, re-downloading all my apps, re-customizing the phone and spending hours on the phone with terrible customer service agents, I think the value of my time has exceeded a level to where a judge would find it unreasonable.  

0 Likes
Re: Multiple Fascinate Issues
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

You are Right I have sent mine to Samsung well this is the 5th time this has been going on 2 months for me

and I don't know how many hours not to mention all the Missed Calls ,Setting my phone up 7 or 8 times at a hour per time

0 Likes
jamdev

I feel your pain.  I am in a similar situation, though I haven't been through as many phones (yet).  I paid $300 for this **bleep** phone the day it came out; you'd think they would be willing to do something better than send me a refurb.  **bleep**.  I paid a lot of money for a new phone that never worked right.  Between the back button thinking it's being pressed (or now the home button), the screen capture issue, the SLOOOWWWNESS, etc, etc... I am just not happy with Verizon or the Fascinate at all.  

On top of that, I am an android developer, and the USB Debugging turns off randomly and frequently while I am working, which means I have to unplug it, dig through the menus, plug it back in, click cancel on the new network dialog, every single time.  Totally unacceptable.

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you for your feedback/comments!

Verizon and Samsung are well aware of some the bugs regarding the Froyo update for the Samsung Fascinate.

We have reviewed forums and taken calls where customers like you  have concerns regarding Froyo with missed calls, text messages, etc. 

We definitely don't want you to feel as though we don't care because we do. In fact we are consumers as well.

At this time, the issues are under review  at Samsung and they are working diligently to resolve this issue.

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

TamaraH_VZW wrote:

Thank you for your feedback/comments!

Verizon and Samsung are well aware of some the bugs regarding the Froyo update for the Samsung Fascinate.

We have reviewed forums and taken calls where customers like you  have concerns regarding Froyo with missed calls, text messages, etc. 

We definitely don't want you to feel as though we don't care because we do. In fact we are consumers as well.

At this time, the issues are under review  at Samsung and they are working diligently to resolve this issue.

Consumers Consumers

You consumed my 549.00  that I paid for this phone.

You continue to consume our $ with being tied to a contract with a phone that will not receive calls.

We definitely don't want you to feel as though we don't care because we do

If you care so much why don't you Activate a Fascinate on your line so you can feel the pain of not receiving calls that you are paying to get I have been dealing with this for 2 months And I have Given up

I have sent my phone to Samsung 5 times had 1 brand new replacement and still no fix they send it back in the Same miserable shape of not working and say it passes all tests

It may pass all there tests But it does not pass this test

1. Activate Phone make call

2. Call it Make sure it rings

3. Do not install any apps

4. Set it aside for 1 to 1 1/2 hours without touching it

5. Try Calling it

I have yet to see it pass this test it never rings

So it passes all tests but will not function as a Phone ---Cool

I think it is time to pass this on to the Att. General of my  State

Selling a Phone That they know does not work and Contract to People is Fraud

I am not talking about me it was working when I bought mine

I am talking about all the people that are still buying this phone

Verizon knows it is not working

They should Suspend

ALL SALES OF THIS PHONE UNTIL IT IS FIXED or I Believe it is Fraud

0 Likes
NRR

wardcst24:  We are with you  & even live in your state (I think if your screen info is correct). We would be more than happy to file complaints with our state's attorney general along with you to get this investigation started!  You can PM me and I'd be happy to give you my email address for future communications re: working with the attorney general.

My husband & I are each on our 3rd Fascinates (all CPO phones) and continue to have issues.  With each call to Verizon, we had moved up the chain and finally received the name of a supervisor, who we believe worksin system support (not tech support),   We were told to contact him with further concerns we may have. I left this "supervisor" 3 messages now in the last 2 days and have not received a call back. So now I get the joy of starting all over again, calling in to a customer service rep, explaining the situation, not getting any acceptable resolution with each one, and then being transferred up to another person and for what?  Just to be able to explain it all over again and without acceptable resolution.

We paid $600 combined for new service with Verizon back in November.   Sure the phone would have a glitch or two on occasion but since the update we have enjoyed nothing but the following:

1,  Dropped calls

2.  Missed calls that go to voicemail without ringing (only if the caller is patient enough to leave a VM, if not, we NEVER KNOW THEY CALLED as these calls don't get registered as a missed call within the call log!

3. Screen that freezes up until you pull the battery...that's convenient...especially if a call does make it through and you can't unlock the phone!

4. Texts that have not come through.

5. Battery drainage from about 2 days time to about 5 hours time (or less if you actually can use your phone through day). 

These are not acceptable services THAT WE PAY VERIZON MONTHLY for.  Software problem or not, we are stuck!  We were new to this company and have no previous Verizon phones that we can reactivate until the Fascinate "concerns"/"issues"/"opportunities" (all semantics) are worked out!!  And to think they keep selling this phone with known problems! If that's not fraud, I'm not sure what is.  At least these new customers can change out their phone in 30 days once they start having these problems.  The rest of us poor souls are screwed!

0 Likes
jhieber

I was in my local VZW store this past Saturday, The word I got was this phone was discontinued, they had zero accessories for it in the store and I asked why and was told it was discontinued, I'm not implying it was because of the issue the phone is having, it is more likely it was due to the new Samsung Droid Charge, but does that also mean they have just washed their hands of getting it fixed for all of us that have it????

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

That sounds about right

Let's use the last of the new phone's to get new customers  Amazon will sell the for us for a penny and we get a new 2 year Contract

It is sad it has turned out like this

They did not have any in the walmart store either but they do have in our local in town home owned store

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

wardcst24 wrote:

That sounds about right

Let's use the last of the new phone's to get new customers  Amazon will sell the for us for a penny and we get a new 2 year Contract

It is sad it has turned out like this

They did not have any in the walmart store either but they do have in our local in town home owned store

This tells me that since there has been so many complaints about this phone, they were smart to not sell or advertise about them.., in the meantime, we are stuck with a malfunctioning phone..
0 Likes