Mobile network not available - Galaxy Nexus
mightyry

As of this morning, my phone has not had the ability to make calls (gives error Mobile Network Not available) nor send or receive texts. My phone has no bars of connection. I've tried suggestions of soft resetting, switching airplane mode on and off, making sure mobile data is enabled. I recently took it to the verizon store so they could work on it and they put in a new Sim card which didn't work. They told me to do a factory reset if that doesn't work and I am still in the same situation. Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

They told me I would need to buy a new phone if the factory reset doesn't work. I would prefer not to do that since it will be expensive but this phone does stink and I wouldn't mind being done with it.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Mobile network not available - Galaxy Nexus
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi mightyry,

Let's see what's causing the problem! What is your current zip code? Has your phone been exposed to any physical or water damage? Were you able to complete the suggested factory reset? If so, what was the end result? I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks for your contribution to our community forums,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jsw5050

mightyry,

It sounds like it might be hardware issues. Check Settings>About Phone>Status. Are the IMEI and MEID numbers populated, or do they say unknown?

If they both say unknown, then you have the same issue I just had with my phone. It happened to me a month out of warranty and I wasn't able to fix it. Verizon and Sumsung both refused to replace since I was out of warranty. I had to buy a replacement on eBay.

I hope this isn't the case, but it will be a fast way of finding out if this is the issue.

0 Likes
mightyry

jsw- Is that is where the "Baseband Version" is? Baseband version is

"Unknown." Someone suggested a last ditch effort to attempt to root the

phone just in case it was a software issue, unfortunately, I wasn't able to

root my phone. I ended up just buying a used phone on Ebay and it has

worked out well so far. Thanks for the response.

Verizon person- For some reason, the Verizon site has trouble logging me

in- "Has a re-direct loop." Otherwise I would have replied much sooner. I

didn't expose it to water or drop it. I received a text message that

morning....tried to respond to it a few hours later and the Mobile network

never worked. The factory reset did nothing, nor did switching the SIM

card. I bought a used phone from eBay and transferred the SIM card over and

the phone works fine.

0 Likes