Missed call, missed text, ED05
longplaypg
Enthusiast - Level 3

Phone was factory reset 3 weeks ago

*228 option 2 in both cities where I need the phone to work

20111123 missed text messages and phone calls

20111123 3:06 PM CST pager goes off cause the wife has been trying to reach me since noon

20111123 12:xx CST text msg to update me on status, she is a Verizon customer with a basic phone (not smart phone!), she wondered why she did not get a reply from me but had to get back to work

20111123  3:xx PM CST text msg to let me know she was ready to be picked up from work

20111123 3:xx PM CST called me and even left a voice a message about coming to pick her up, now she is getting mad because she had to leave a voice mail

20111123 3:06 PM CST totally mad at me she now resorts to send a page to my work pager which is for work only, but I have told her to use it cause of this dang phone and its problems

I just happened to be walking out to the car when my pager went off which means I was outside for the last 5 minutes and not even inside a building when the last text message and call was supposed to come through.

Drove to her work and asked her if she had paged me about a "trauma red er 10" again. She said she had sent me text messages around noon and 3, she also added that she had called and left a voice mail.

I opened my trusty phone, no missed calls and no text message on the lock screen, unlocked the phone

Still did not find a text message, missed call, or even a voice mail

mad I dialed *228 options 2

The phone said was updated and powered off

I thought there was another thing that one could dial so that support could look into a recently missed call or text message?

I had many other things to get done that day and did not need an angry wife thinking I was ignoring her.

Thanks for an unhappy holiday

0 Likes
Re: Missed call, missed text, ED05
joe71730
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same problem.  I get missed calls showing up as much as 5 hours later and the same with voicemail notifications.  This is so frustrating since we pay premium prices for service and get minimal service!  This has happened no matter where I am in the area.  

Wish I could get somewhere with customer service!  Have placed many calls and got nowhere with this issue.  I have checked and there are no updates for the phone either.  

I just updated my phone or I would have changed companies!

0 Likes
MOBrien57

I and my wife are experiencing the same issues, were we will call each other and the phone rings on the senders end but no ring or log of a phone call on the reciever's end, this is not only from Vz to Vz but to other carriers as well. Also lots of missed texts or in wrong time order. We thought it was her phone at first, Samsung Droid. did a Factory reset the phone, Verizon outlet did it.(Lost all her data)

Reinstalled her data, still the same problem, these are two new Droid phones two weeks old now. She had a replacement sent, but I am convinced its either a design issue with the phone or the Verizon communications is in Fault. So I checked the news group and it seems like others are having the same issue. No public or customer announcment as yet. will ask for a credit on my service fee.

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

It appears that you are running an older software version on your Fascinate. There is a now Gingerbread (EH03) on the Fascinate and you can get it installed by following these Fascinate Upgrade Steps

I'm wondering if once you did the update to version ED05, did you perform a hard reset ? Once I did that with my Fascinate, I didn't have any more missed calls or texts that didn't show up on my screen.

( Keep in mind, performing a hard reset will remove ALL data including the Google account, system data, application data, application settings, and downloaded applications) You should know the GMail account that was used to set the phone up, back up contacts and any other applications that you don't want to lose prior to performing the hard reset.

0 Likes
joe73
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has anyone figured out a fix to this problem? This is a year and a half later and I have had this problem since Dec 2011. I should note too that I have switched from Android to iphone4s a week ago and still have this problem.  So I'm not buying the Android excuse.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello joe73!  Sounds frustrating!  I want to make sure this gets resolved for you.  If you’re still experiencing this issue after switching devices, we know it’s not device related.  Please explain what you’re experiencing so I can further assist.  Are you having the problems with calls, text or both?  Happening in a specific location or everywhere?  Indoors, outdoors or both?  How many bars of service do you have when experiencing the problems?  Let me know.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
joe73
Enthusiast - Level 2

Too late. After 6 months of no one being able to solve the problem, and no one ever calling me back, I've decided to go to Sprint. You lost a 10 year customer who has been paying $200.00 per month. I have never been so disappointed with a companies customer service.

Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 10:51:16 -0600

To: jashleylawn@hotmail.com

Subject: - Re: Missed call, missed text, ED05

created by Verizon Wireless Customer Support in Samsung Fascinate - View the full discussion

Hello joe73! Sounds frustrating! I want to make sure this gets resolved for you. If you’re still experiencing this issue after switching devices, we know it’s not device related. Please explain what you’re experiencing so I can further assist. Are you having the problems with calls, text or both? Happening in a specific location or everywhere? Indoors, outdoors or both? How many bars of service do you have when experiencing the problems? Let me know. Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Wireless Community

Start a new discussion in Samsung Fascinate by email or at Verizon Wireless Community

© 2011 Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless | One Verizon Way | Mail Code: 180WVB | Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

We respect your privacy. Please review our privacy policy for more information.

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences.

0 Likes