Might I make a suggestion.....
saxman7

After having multiple problems with updating my Samsung Fascinate, I have determined that a lot of the phones are defective. I first sent in my phone to Geek Squad because I have insurance through them instead of VZW (no deductible for a new phone). It took them three weeks for them to get my phone back - with the newest update on it. When update 2.2 came out, my phone, once again, wouldn't take the update. This time, I went to the Verizon store to see what they could do. They were useless... They did all the same things I have tried, and of course, they didn't work. She then offered to get me another phone, so I took it. Since then, I haven't been prompted to update the phone, but it didn't take effect, either, so now I don't think I want to trade phones for a USED phone, when mine is working just fine now (for now). (sort of like being sick and going to the doctor, and suddenly you're feeling better.)

So here is my suggestion for Verizon, whoever will listen/read this. Since there obviously is a way to update the phone (as in my first update), then why aren't there people at the VERIZON store who can "push" the update instead of getting a new phone, which will probably have the same problem when the next update comes around? For being the "Nation's Largest wireless network", you sure do have a lot of problems.

Thoughts / suggestions anyone?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Might I make a suggestion.....
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

saxman7 wrote:

After having multiple problems with updating my Samsung Fascinate, I have determined that a lot of the phones are defective. I first sent in my phone to Geek Squad because I have insurance through them instead of VZW (no deductible for a new phone). It took them three weeks for them to get my phone back - with the newest update on it. When update 2.2 came out, my phone, once again, wouldn't take the update. This time, I went to the Verizon store to see what they could do. They were useless... They did all the same things I have tried, and of course, they didn't work. She then offered to get me another phone, so I took it. Since then, I haven't been prompted to update the phone, but it didn't take effect, either, so now I don't think I want to trade phones for a USED phone, when mine is working just fine now (for now). (sort of like being sick and going to the doctor, and suddenly you're feeling better.)

So here is my suggestion for Verizon, whoever will listen/read this. Since there obviously is a way to update the phone (as in my first update), then why aren't there people at the VERIZON store who can "push" the update instead of getting a new phone, which will probably have the same problem when the next update comes around? For being the "Nation's Largest wireless network", you sure do have a lot of problems.

Thank you for your feedback and suggestion saxman7. I have read your posting. The software updates are released by the manufacturer. They are made available at their sole discretion and time frame though we may ask them to speed up the process. The store representatives are unable to override and push for software update that has not been released. While they can try to do things that cannot be seen from the surface, basically they would use the resources available to correct a device issue. There was a release of a software update from Samsung for the Fascinate. The reasons varied as why some of these devices did not take the update where other were able to be updated. Some had issues after the update while others did not have issues. However, most cases had specifics that were different from device to device even though they appeared be similar in other aspects. We will continue to work on providing improved devices to eliminate the issues you experienced. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

saxman7 wrote:

Thank you for your feedback and suggestion saxman7. I have read your posting. The software updates are released by the manufacturer. They are made available at their sole discretion and time frame though we may ask them to speed up the process. The store representatives are unable to override and push for software update that has not been released. While they can try to do things that cannot be seen from the surface, basically they would use the resources available to correct a device issue. There was a release of a software update from Samsung for the Fascinate. The reasons varied as why some of these devices did not take the update where other were able to be updated. Some had issues after the update while others did not have issues. However, most cases had specifics that were different from device to device even though they appeared be similar in other aspects. We will continue to work on providing improved devices to eliminate the issues you experienced. 

0 Likes
monwarsec99
Contributor - Level 1
0 Likes