Massive problems with Samsung Fascinate
SuperStick

I've had my phone for a little over 9 months. When I first got it, it was great. Then the "upgrades" came. I now have an unreliable brick. In the past 20 minutes today, it has reset on me 4 times for no reason. It freezes constantly, so I can't depend on it to make or receive phone calls (which almost made me late to work one day since I couldn't call to have someone let me in at 5:30 in the morning.)

Is anyone else having these problems? Is Verizon planning on fixing these problems? What are my options? Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Massive problems with Samsung Fascinate
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

When you say reset, what do you mean by that?  Rebooting the phone can be a reset. There is the battery pull reset and there is the Factory Reset.  Of which, have you done a Factory reset after any of the updates?  Especially the Gingerbread one?  You could have left over code from either the operating system or application conflict that are creating the issues you are seeing.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SuperStick

the phone itself reboots/restarts

0 Likes
newmanx4
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes
sandman766

I've had the same problems with my Fascinate.   Since the upgrade, it freezes up constantly.  It's so bad that I don't even bother to turn it on most days (then I find out I missed a dozen calls and messages).  It's really appalling that Verizon Wireless won't offer customers a better solution for a phone that clearly isn't working for them.  I'm eligible for an "upgrade" in about a month and I can't wait to get away from this high-tech brick!

0 Likes