Re: MMS Not sending, APN settings?
rabscuttle
Enthusiast - Level 2

yosraeprm I have previously Factory Reset the phone. The problems returns at least for me.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GimmeOneReason, we can get to the bottom of this issue. Did you recently port your service from T-Mobile? If so, intercarrier SMS normally take 72 business hours to start working. Do the users receive an error message? Have you ever received MMS from those users?

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
GimmeOneReason
Enthusiast - Level 2

MarquiaF_VZW - I have been with Verizon since 2009-2010. I have had this particular handset since it was released in December 2011.  Nothing has changed other than the Over-The-Air updates.

People trying to send me an MMS do not receive an error, and I get no indication one has been sent to me. I have never received an MMS from T-Mobile users that I'm aware of, although I have received SMS from same senders. (tested with 3 different friends on T-Mobile)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the update rabscuttle. I want to submit your info to our product team for investigation. I've followed a few of you in the thread. Can you please send me a private message with your IMEI and software and baseband version from Settings, About phone? IMEI should be under Status.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Luv2Spin
Enthusiast - Level 2

I sent you a Private Message with my details, willing to try anything to get this fixed.

Thank you!

Danielle

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for trying rabscuttle.  I was hoping a factory reset would have fixed the issue.  At this time we may need to file a ticket with our network repair team so they can review your area specifically to see what could be causing this issue.

Please follow me and dm me your mobile number so I can do some further investigating.

NicholasB_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for your reply, GimmeOneReason. I appreciate you taking the time to troubleshoot with us. I would like to take a closer look at your account and network settings. Please follow me back and send a Direct Message with your information so we can dig a little deeper. 

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
wolfhogen

I'm having the same problem as well. Its not just me. My roommate too. This is what we've done so far since we both have Galaxy S3.

1. Reobooted the phones in hopes this resolves the issue. Some days it does some days it doesn't.

2. Turned WiFi off on the phone. No difference.
3. Turned 4G off. Again no difference.

4. I've done pretty much about every bit of troubleshooting that everyone else here has done to no avail.
5. I EVEN SACRIFICED CHICKEN TO MY CAT! Oh the irony. What's up with the chicken sacrifice?

6. I actually resorted asking those tech support guys at the Verizon store downtown in hopes maybe they had an answer.
        a. Response was it was my WiFi until they couldn't get a MMS to send either. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
        b. They also experienced my frustration and were clueless.

7. I contemplated switching carriers, but AT&T is my only other option and well their service here sucks.
8. I was actually rather happy with Sprint and since they don't have service here I was forced to switch to you guys.

9. Considering this was never an issue before the update I have to assume the update is to blame.
10. ITS OBVIOUS NO ONE AT VERIZON HAS RESOLVED THE ISSUE!

11. It has now been 15 minutes since I initially hit the send button to send a MMS.
12. It won't time out for another 15 minutes.

Finally it sent the MMS without me messing with the phone. Only took... 17 minutes. While I do appreciate all that Verizon has done to match all the discounts that I had with Sprint as a combat vet, I would be forever grateful if the MMS wouldn take less than 5 minutes to send.

0 Likes
wolfhogen

Ok so I was messing around with my settings on my phone and decided to mess with the network settings. I didn't turn off my WiFi as I've determined that its not interfering with my phone whatsoever. I also didn't turn off WiFi for my phone as that wasn't the issue either. No restarting the phone, no wiping, and all that stuff. Simply put I was messing around with the phone's settings. I'm hoping what I've figured out here will help others with a similar issue.

For those of you having issues sending MMS with the Galaxy S3 follow these steps and do a test send...

1. Go into settings (the cog icon)

2. Tap more settings
3. Tap Mobile Networks
4. Tap Network mode
5. A pop up with the options Global, LTE/CDMA, GSM/UTMS will appear.
6. Select LTE/CDMA
7. Send a test MMS to whoever. If they get it then problem solved. If not then double check you're on LTE/CDMA

For those of you with different phones I don't know how you access the network settings on your phone, but its worth checking to make sure that you are on in fact on LTE/CDMA.

Hopefully this resolves the issue with MMS not sending on the Verizon network. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Volkov

1-Open the Settings

2-Select Wireless & networks

3-Select Mobile Networks

4-Select Access Point Names.

5-Tap the three dots at the bottom right and select New APN

Enter The Following information

Name     Verizon

APN     internet or vzwinternet

Proxy     blank

Port     blank

Username     blank

Password     blank

Server     leave it blank

MMSC     http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms

MMS Proxy     

MMS Port     80

MCC     310

MNC     012

Authentication type     not set

APN Type     internet + mms

That's it, worked for me, sending mms ok. Alternatively this can be added and enabled via apn manager pro, but it has to be set as a system app to work

0 Likes