Re: MMS Not sending, APN settings?
Luv2Spin
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same exact issue.

Stock Verizon Gnex, stock messaging app.  SUPER inconsistent in sending/receiving MMS.

I've tried battery pulls, sim card pulls, etc.

Happens connected to Wi/Fi or not connected to Wi/Fi.  Data is always enabled on phone.

Please advise with a fix, I would be incredibly grateful - It's the simple things that will drive you crazy.

rabscuttle
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is there some other information you need from us to look into this further?  I still have a message from last week sitting on my phone that won't send.

GimmeOneReason
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a very similar issue - I cannot retrieve MMS from outside VZW. I've gone through all the above troubleshooting, except I didn't sacrifice the chicken nugget. Perhaps this was my undoing.  At any rate, I'd really like this issue looked into, if not fixed. Looking at you, Verizon.

Stock Galaxy Nexus, Stock Jellybean 4.2.2., Stock messaging app, Shot in both feet.

To Clarify:

• I can both send and receive SMS/MMS  (Verizon Customers only, however group messages from Verizon Customers fail sometimes.)
  • I can send and receive SMS to non-Verizon customers
  • I cannot receive MMS from non-Verizon - which is the crux of the matter for me.
Luv2Spin
Enthusiast - Level 2

VZ Wireless Customer Support

As I'm sure you &/or your team has seen - this is a real issue, on STOCK Verizon devices, with stock messaging app, that has been going on for quite some time (I personally, have seen this issue since the purchase of my Google Nexus, which was back in November.)  There are forums LOADED with complaints of the same thing all over Android forums.

As VZ customers we PAY for multimedia messaging service, & as it stands right now, this service is not working for us on a device that we PAID you for.

Please advise with a fix for this ASAP.

0 Likes
GimmeOneReason
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had posted another reply, but have done more troubleshooting since then.

I have a similar issue - I cannot retrieve MMS from T-Mobile users.  (Other carrier messages seem to get through.)

Stock Galaxy Nexus, Stock Jellybean 4.2.2., Stock messaging app.

• I cannot receive MMS from T-Mobile. (Apparently it works for other carriers, and SMS is fine.)
    • I do not get a "Failed" message, or "download" message
  • Group messages (where I am one of the recipients) sometimes fail

I REALLY need a fix for this!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Rabscuttle,

MMS messages are very important! I would be frustrated as well, if this was not working. What happens when you send a message? Are you on wi-fi when this happens? Keep me posted.

Thanks,
Pamela F.
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
rabscuttle
Enthusiast - Level 2

From my above post "Once the message goes into the sending state we can't do anything to it.  It stays in that state or eventually goes through.  We have done a sim card pull, battery pull, tried 3G only, 4G, on wifi."

The status of the message changes to "sending" then sometime in the next hour to three weeks it may send.

Luv2Spin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Pamela,

If you read through this entire thread, your questions would have been answered.  This is occurring on WiFi, on 3G, on Edge, on 4G, without any differences.  Applies to random MMS messages (including group texts) & is happening on the STOCK Verizon Galaxy Nexus with the STOCK messaging app.

Can you please escalate this issue?  There are many, many people having this problem.

Thank you,

Danielle

0 Likes
Not applicable

Who would have thought that mms woukd be soooo important you would have mutiny on the bounty. Here is something none of you have tried or admitted: doing system cache wipes and or a hard reset. Call customer service from a different phone. >Comments about other posters deleted<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator ><

0 Likes
Luv2Spin
Enthusiast - Level 2

>Post deleted<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator ><

0 Likes