Looks like Sprint will update before VZW AGAIN
carseller0822
Contributor - Level 3

Just ran across this. It's not being pushed out yet but the fact that it's on Google's servers probably means it won't be long. Well done Verizon. At least you're consistent. Consistently LAST

http://www.androidcentral.com/42-update-sprint-galaxy-nexus-live-google-s-servers-ripe-picking

0 Likes
Re: Looks like Sprint will update before VZW AGAIN
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The only thing that says to me is Sprint might be done testing it.

Verizon Wireless might still be going through their testing process.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
carseller0822
Contributor - Level 3

more likely that they haven't even started testing it. VZW has shown time and time again that system updates aren't a priority for them. if they wanted to get updates out more quickly they certainly could. they are the largest carrier in the US and they certainly have the resources. they just don't care.

c_hack
Enthusiast - Level 1

By testing, you mean loading their crapware and corrupting an otherwise clean Nexus? I'm sure they are.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No, more like testing to verify the radios stay connected to the network, the transfer from one tower to another goes smoothly, the transition from one network type (4G) to another (3G) and the reverse doesn't take too long or hangs up.

At least that what I would think they are testing.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
carseller0822
Contributor - Level 3

I'm sure VZW is the only carrier that does this. In fact, Sprint's update probably hasn't been tested by anyone. If other carriers can get the updates out in a timely fashion why can't VZW. I would think that Ann145 could give some specific answers. She is after all the President of "Verizon Apologists United".

If updates were a priority for VZW then they would get pushed out more quickly. There is no profit in updates so VZW puts them on the back burner. Why devote resources to satisfying customers who are already committed?

0 Likes
MankatoMN12
Contributor - Level 2

Verizon makes sure that the SW update wont tank the phones, when a SW update is pushed premature and it messes up a function on the phone, think of how many calls Verizon gets over it... which causes them to lose money. Plus what can you do on JB that you can't do on ICS?

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

miracast, google now, swype style native keyboard. there's a number of other things, but that's 3 off the top of my head.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

carseller0822 wrote:

I'm sure VZW is the only carrier that does this. In fact, Sprint's update probably hasn't been tested by anyone. If other carriers can get the updates out in a timely fashion why can't VZW. I would think that Ann145 could give some specific answers. She is after all the President of "Verizon Apologists United".

If updates were a priority for VZW then they would get pushed out more quickly. There is no profit in updates so VZW puts them on the back burner. Why devote resources to satisfying customers who are already committed?

updates have never been a priority of verizon. i'm not defending it or saying it's a good thing. it's just the way it's always been and i doubt it'll change any time soon. i know it's frustrating, but it's just the way they operate.

0 Likes
DoctorDeDroid
Contributor - Level 2

Better talk fast... These complaint discussions are getting locked up faster than a bank at 5 pm.  Could we have struck a nerve?

0 Likes