Leaked Verizon document reveals all known issues with the Fascinate
papa_leo
Contributor - Level 1

There are seems to be quite of few known issues (about 3 pages long article) with Fascinate. Read it before deciding to buy this phone.

• Alert Notifications:
 There is no option to change the Calendar alert notification. 
Short term work around: There is no short term work around for this issue.
  • Blank Screen: 
If you are on a call and a second call comes in, you get the correct Caller ID information. If you answer the second call, the caller ID screen goes blank and does not show any caller information. 
Short term work around: There is no short term work around for this issue
  • Email Sync: 
In some cases exchange e-mail and yahoo mail can stop syncing
Short term work around: The user can manually sync
Planned Resolution: A fix for this issue will be included in the MR 1 release for this device.
  • Exchange ActiveSync Security Lock:
 The EAS security lock may be invoked earlier then the timer is set for.
  • Google and Bing Maps Latency:
 It has been reported that it takes longer then other devices to get GPS location information when using Google and Bing maps. 
Short term work around: There is no short term work around for this issue
  • Call Disconnect:
If you are on a call or in the process of receiving an incoming call and you press the search button the call may be disconnected.

For the entire laundry list of open issues with the Fascinate, hit the jump! Let’s see how many of these are fixed with the first maintenance software release. 

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2010/09/10/samsung-fascinate-known-issues-document-leaks/

or

http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/Leaked-Verizon-document-reveals-all-known-issues-with-the-Fascinate-...

0 Likes
Re: Leaked Verizon document reveals all known issues with the Fascinate
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Hmm... I think I'll keep using my Eris over this...

Although I have never seen the known issues released for the Eris. I'm sure it is out there.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SouthpawKurt

I can confirm the one about the search button hanging up on your calls.

0 Likes
Joechilll

Thank you.I was thinking of getting this phone but now there is no way until this is all fixed. Hopefully if  Samsung  actually cares about its product and customers they will fix this in a software update..As usually Verizon has a habit of changing the specs on phones to call them their own.Verizon told samsung what to put in this phone. As usual verizon should just leave the phones alone and maybe they will have happier customers

0 Likes
papa_leo
Contributor - Level 1

I went to Costco today and asked long known VZW Kiosk rep re what phone would he recommend...DX, DI or Fascinate.

Not to my surprise, I was told that DX is the best of those three. Given the fact that all three is the same price $199, it indicates that is has nothing to do with price.

When I acquired him about how Fascinate sales going, rep told me that since that phone went for sale this Thursday, local Costco only sold 10 Fascinate but that not all...7 of them were returned back to Costco by Saturday. That is a 70% return rate which seems to be way too high for the high level smartphone.

At the same time, local Costo VZW kiosk can't keep up with demand of the DX, they are being sold out as soon as they are getting them. I am not advertising for DX here as I am myself briefly owned DX as soon as it was released and its problem with reboot forced me to return it as I didn't want to deal with replacement as I had bad experience in the past two years with VZW replacing my phones every two to three month with replacement phone being worse then the one that is being replaced.

There is no such a thing as a perfect smartphone (sorry to all iPhone fans) but VZW should take a special "achievement" award for screwing up such a wonderful phone as Galaxy S.

I can only hope that either DX with 2.2 will be better than the one with 2.1 or I will wait for what is coming up with HTC in November. 

0 Likes