bobprowler97

I want the LED light to light up when I get a message or phone call Help

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LED light to light up
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

The Fascinate doesn't have a notification LED.  The Epic 4G is the only Galaxy S branded phone that has one. What you see in the top left of the phone are the ambient light and proximity sensors. There's an app in the market called NoLED designed specifically for the Galaxy S phones that will display a little dot or symbol on the screen to alert you.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

The Fascinate doesn't have a notification LED.  The Epic 4G is the only Galaxy S branded phone that has one. What you see in the top left of the phone are the ambient light and proximity sensors. There's an app in the market called NoLED designed specifically for the Galaxy S phones that will display a little dot or symbol on the screen to alert you.

0 Likes
Rhonda81

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but I downloaded the app for NoLed.  It only goes on for maybe a 30 seconds and then it's gone so I still don't know but looking if I have any messages or missed phone calls.  I've checked all the setting's under edit but still can't get it to stay on or blink.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

0 Likes
bigfrank69
Contributor - Level 1

Rhonda81 wrote:

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but I downloaded the app for NoLed.  It only goes on for maybe a 30 seconds and then it's gone so I still don't know but looking if I have any messages or missed phone calls.  I've checked all the setting's under edit but still can't get it to stay on or blink.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

I tried the Noled and it didnt work at all and heard others with same complaint. I use missed calls by Anno and it works real good

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

NoLED works fine here.  Sounds like you don't have something set up correctly.  It is a little quirky if you try to use it with 3rd party apps though. 

0 Likes
Rhonda81

Thanks I'll try that and let you know.

0 Likes
Rhonda81

I was thinking too that I probably didn't have a setting set right but can't figure out what it is.  I've got the notification timeout set to "no timeout" so I'm not sure what I got wrong. 

0 Likes
PO_pack_mule
Contributor - Level 2
I Wouldn't even bother with the noled app. Go with the missed call for android app. Works like a dream. Also, I would suggest the k-9 mail app. I have a msn account, and the stock email client sucked... Would not push notifications. No problems at all with k-9.
0 Likes
CR6
Enthusiast - Level 1

NoLED works great for me.  You have to reboot your phone after downloading the app for it to work correctly.  Then to set up all the options, go into applications and click on NoLED Settings.  From there you can set it up the way you want.

One of the best free apps out there for the Fascinate!

0 Likes
bigfrank69
Contributor - Level 1

CR6 wrote:

NoLED works great for me.  You have to reboot your phone after downloading the app for it to work correctly.  Then to set up all the options, go into applications and click on NoLED Settings.  From there you can set it up the way you want.

One of the best free apps out there for the Fascinate!

Well with missed call you can have sounds to notify you plus set alerts  every so many minutes and will repeat. Dont have to look at phone can be in pocket

0 Likes