Re: Kiss Froyo or any other update for Fascinate goodbye
sandystorm

Fascinate will be obsolete and they wont put Froyo on an obsolete phone

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Hey sandy, what do you call this update on an EOL device?

http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-confirms-android-23-gingerbread-coming-summer-droid-incredible

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

Shinebox wrote:
Nick did you mention using o**n to e bee o one tar?
I think you are talking about what programs I used, if so you are correct with o**n!!!
0 Likes
godbuddha

Ok your very wrong trust me. Right now Verizon is in the mist of releasing a update its just about money right now. Samsung is not worry about there reputation at all. People will continue to buy Samsung regardless.

0 Likes
sandystorm

Ann154 wrote:
Hey sandy, what do you call this update on an EOL device?

http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-confirms-android-23-gingerbread-coming-summer-droid-incredible

Ann that is the Droid Incredible we are talking about a different phone called the Fascinate

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
An EOL Droid Incredible = obsolete phone. Yet HTC is is saying it will get the latest android OS (Gingerbread) several months after it was declared EOL.

The Fascinate is not obsolete yet.

They may not be the same phone, but comparisons can be made between all of the Android phones. Including what OS they can run.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
someyoungguy
its funny the one who said that the fascinate wasnt getting a froyo update is no where to be found, how bout a little source code on our froyo to come lol
0 Likes
ChaunceyM_VZW
Contributor - Level 3
Verizon Wireless will begin pushing Android 2.2, Froyo, to the Samsung Fascinate tomorrow. Enhancements include support for Adobe Flash Player. Customers can visit www.verizonwireless.com/fascinatesupport for more information and download instructions for the software update. Customers will be able to download the update manually starting tomorrow by going to Settings > About Phone > Update Phone.

ChaunceyM_VZWSupport

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend
Can you say what those gamers tend to say? Pwned.
0 Likes
Cline5822

sandystorm wrote:

Word has it that they are not going to give the Fascinate and upgrade to 2.2 or Gingerbread. They want to push new phones out that have the better OS so kiss all the whining and crying for something better goodbye, it's done.

WOW, and here it is April 21,2011 and FROYO is being pushed. I think I'd check my sources better before I ran my mouth. Now you just look......{please keep your posts courteous}

0 Likes