Re: Kiss Froyo or any other update for Fascinate goodbye
Droidbotics
TAKE A TRIP TO VEGES!
0 Likes
Droidbotics

What the heck, people in North Korea has the Galaxy S with Froyo; and they not even suppose to own a phone. I guess transparency miss the bus nine months ago, but luckily there is a solution.

0 Likes
sandystorm

HRHFT wrote:

OMG!   {please keep your posts courteous} Geez, i couldn't stand it.  WHO CARES?!  Frumpo, Gingerbeer, or Funnycomb.  My phone Fascinate makes calls AND receives calls.  Can't beat that.

Normal people do not buy a Fascinate smartphone or any other smartphone just to use for calls, I'm sorry but I think the rest here would agree with me on that one. If I wanted a phone just for calls I would have a cheap one and would not have data, texting and photo charges.

0 Likes
Mikk420
Amen to that, wow if I just had a phone that just made calls and received calls, I wouldn't have a smart phone. Fact is if I don't get froyo and any other os update in the future, when my contracts up I'm going elsewhere, verizon don't care about my business I'm sure someone else will somewhere.
0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3
It would be nice if everyone who wanted Froyo real bad, just go and get like the rest of us. I know of no one who any difficulty upgrading thier phones from an outside source.
0 Likes
sandystorm

nickjr wrote:
It would be nice if everyone who wanted Froyo real bad, just go and get like the rest of us. I know of no one who any difficulty upgrading thier phones from an outside source.

But is it the real thing and will it void warranty? I feel best to wait till they give it but dont believe they will, it's over

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3
Its the real thing.. and from what I've been told it will not void the warranty, because you are not doing a r???
0 Likes
DonM
Contributor - Level 2

Not that they cared that much but the guys at XDA have written off the Fascinate ever getting the offical Froyo update.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1006864

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

DonM wrote:

Not that they cared that much but the guys at XDA have written off the Fascinate ever getting the offical Froyo update.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1006864

not like anyone cared these same people wrote off any of the US galaxy s devices not getting froyo, and they are 0-3

0 Likes
PO_pack_mule
Contributor - Level 2

Easy Sandystorm.. I hear ya. My last phone was a Motorola V710. My wife bought me this one last December for an early Christmas present. Very impressed! Like you though, I am not impressed with the lack of information from Vzw. I'll wait a bit more for the Ota update. So far, the phone does all I need it to do. Perhaps one day, if no update comes, curiosity will get the best of me {edited to comply with Terms of Service}

. Hang in there!

0 Likes