Keyboard issue

sb4663

When typing in a textbox letters don't appear (landscape or portrait). I've tried multiple keyboard apps but the issue still persists sporadically. I have to reboot to resolve. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? If so, what's the fix....

Thanks in advance;

GNexus currently using Swiftkey Full version.

0 Likes

Re: Keyboard issue

stanislaw

Tap inside the box you want to type in.

0 Likes

sb4663

Thanks for the advice but its not that simple.... I've reverted back to the stock ICS keyboard which seems to have decreased the occurance...

0 Likes

Droiddudeaz

My keyboard is a little slow when inputting text. The Razr I used for 2 weeks before I got the G NEX had a lightening fast onscreen keyboard. In fact it's slowed down since I bought it. Other than that and a few other small issues, this phone is great.

0 Likes

holmsc

My keyboard is pretty dang slow in landscape mode, but works just fine in portrait mode. Not sure why that is.

0 Likes

Droiddudeaz

holmsc, my keyboard varies from decent in landscape mode (after a reset usually) and the portrait keyboard is great. I had a Droid 3 with a pretty nice hardware keyboard, so this transition hasn't been easy. I hope there is an update that will sort out the keyboard issue.

0 Likes

BillAlex70

I've got the same issue in landscape mode...it's WAY sluggish. You have to type a word or 2 and then wait for the phone to catch up. My OG never had this issue even in it's last days.

0 Likes

Verizon Employee

Hi sb4663,

I use my phone to text and email all day and I can see how inconvenience it must be to have any issues with the keyboard. I have checked my resources and I see that disabling the spell check on the Nexus has resolved issues like the ones described in our post.

To disable spell check do the following:

Settings>Language & Input>Uncheck box for Spelling Correction.

AntonioC_VZWSupport

Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

Highlighted

stanislaw

If rebooting fixes it, maybe you have a misbehaving app.

Settings -> Apps -> Running

Shows apps running in the foreground

-> Show Cached Processes

Shows apps running in the background

With the apps you have, just like a pc, linux or mac, install only the apps and games that you actually use and delete the rest.

Keyboard issue

sb4663

Thanks guys, my keyboard seems to be working better now.

0 Likes