Just be HONEST!!! DUH?
ireash

Why is it that Verizon and Samsung find it so hard to be honest...I mean ALL this complaining about when 2.2 will come would probably go away if these two companies would just give the customers a HONEST answer!

Its real EASY:

1. You will never get Froyo

2. We are having problems and dont think it is releasable

3. It will take us at least 6 months before we even have a release date

INSTEAD OF:

we understand your concern and are working on it.

WE JUST WANT TO KNOW! Is it so hard to do??????

I mean how is that these guys in suits and ties that get paid 250k + cant make a simple decision to let the customers know what is happening.

This all boils down to VERY BAD business Ethics and practices.

At this point I assume ALL Verizon employees to be stupid! This is because of the lack of leadership they must have.

I am NOT saying that they ARE all stupid...Just that I assume this now because of the way businees is run.

Verizon and Samsung should take some classes on how to run a businees for profit and customer satisfaction. There has to be a balance of both.

Just like the presidantial election......sometimes you are forced to go with the lesser of the two evils....This happens to be verizon right now...but I tell you if another company started that had a comperable network I would be gone faster than you could say FROYO!!!!!!

0 Likes
Re: Just be HONEST!!! DUH?
Dad-Bill
Contributor - Level 1

Thousands of us feel your anger and frustration. Of course there are many in samsung and verizon who knows exactly what is going on with the froyo update for the fascinate. These are the supposed intelligent ones with authority. Instead of communicating with their paying customers they have chosen to flush us down the toilet of "No updates for you!" More than likely they have made a business decision not to update our fascinates so they could sell newer smart phones. How ironic is it that they are in the communication business but refuse to communicate with us except for the pathetic scripted response. I hope that all of us have a long memory when it comes time to purchase another smart phone and sign a new 2 year contract! After all is said and done WE will have the final word!

Anyone who is angry and frustrated with samsung and verizon, here is an opportunity to voice your opinions in a united voice with fellow fascinate owners on April 1st. Follow this link to FaceBook to join us!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Contact-Your-April-Fool/171721029544794?sk=wall

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3
I am down with you, even though I had to take matters in my own hand to get what I paid for and still paying for.
0 Likes
Dad-Bill
Contributor - Level 1

nickjr wrote:

I am down with you, even though I had to take matters in my own hand to get what I paid for and still paying for.

You took matters in your own hand to get what you paid for. Was vzw giving you a hard time? Can you elaborate on the problem? BTW, great that you are with us!

0 Likes
Shinebox
Enthusiast - Level 3

To share a little bit with you all. There are several posters at the developers forums stating that their Fascinate's touch screen isn't as responsive and some parts of the screen do not work regardless of the Froyo ROM they are using. Remember when there was people with SD card mounting issues and others that didn't have them? I never had issues at all with my phone. However, I had a friend that tried installing a custom ROM on his and the center if his screen became unresponsive and he had to go back to stock.

In all honesty, I can see that they are trying to release a reliable upgrade that everyone can use. It seems apparent that all these Galaxy S phones are not built exactly the same and some like updates while others don't accept them or stop working. I think Verizon's best route to go is to say that they are not releasing Froyo for this phone and move on. Otherwise they are going to spend alot of $$$$ replacing phones that wont accept the Froyo upgrade. It will bring closure to the matter and these threads will pretty much stop popping up every other day

0 Likes
Dad-Bill
Contributor - Level 1

That's a good idea Shinebox. If vzw makes the announcement that there will be no froyo for the fascinate they will immediately after that have to say we can swap our cells for the smartphone of our choice. There should not be any additional fees and we should not have to sign another 2 year contract. That would work for me!

0 Likes
papa_leo
Contributor - Level 1
After a dozen phone calls and complaints all the way to corporate office, I was told that there is Froyo update in foreseen future. Instead I was offered DX or Incredible. I asked for Thunderbolt and was declined.
0 Likes
Smokie11
Contributor - Level 1

I think Samsung really does enjoy torturing Fascinate owners, go to their website for Fascinate Support and you will find the 2.2 update for us is there...NOT.http://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/SCH-I500RKAVZW

0 Likes