Re: Just a Bunch of April Fools!
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

sandystorm wrote:

nickjr wrote:
Upgrading to Froyo did not allow me the option of selecting my preferred search engine, Bing still was the default choice w/o any of changing that. You have to d/l the google app and then use as a regular app

Thats why Froyo has not been released to the Fascinate because they cant make it work properly on the phone so it will never be released

there are people running froyo on the fascinate, and its working

there are people running it and having problems

it all depends on the version you get

and yes i  have a fascinate

0 Likes
sandystorm

Yes Mad Ram I did notice that you show you have Fascinate

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

sandystorm wrote:

Yes Mad Ram I did notice that you show you have Fascinate

not show, i do have it, and imho its a great phone even with 2.1,  if there was something in 2.2 i needed i would have it on there.

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3
If you get the super clean version of Froyo, then there is no problem with Bing
0 Likes
sandystorm

I dont have a problem with Bing anyways I use it and no problems, I think it's just a hype for people wanting google. I have yahoo search engine as default for computer and always use it and have google right there

0 Likes
RunSilent23
Contributor - Level 1

sandystorm wrote:

I dont have a problem with Bing anyways I use it and no problems, I think it's just a hype for people wanting google. I have yahoo search engine as default for computer and always use it and have google right there

Whether you have a major problem with Bing or not is not the issue.  I am merely speculating that the delay in issuing Froyo is due to A) the time it takes to code, program and test locking down the Fascinate with Bing on the new OS or B) Verizon waiting for the exclusive contract with Microsoft to expire.

All of the Galaxy S devices sold by US carriers (except for the ones locked to Bing) have Froyo.  Is Bing the reason for the delay? It just might be that the Fascinate/Continuum were the last US Galaxy phones released so naturally they are the last to get Froyo.  I hope so but my internal conspiracy theory points to the contract with MS.

0 Likes
Guardian452com
Mesmerize (froyo) has the EXACT same architecture as the Fascinate, too bad this wasn't the good ol days of being able to flash another carriers firmware as I did with my Blackberry Storm
0 Likes
sandystorm

Guardian452com wrote:
Mesmerize (froyo) has the EXACT same architecture as the Fascinate, too bad this wasn't the good ol days of being able to flash another carriers firmware as I did with my Blackberry Storm

Sorry but no the mesmerize does not

0 Likes
RunSilent23
Contributor - Level 1

sandystorm wrote:

Guardian452com wrote:

Hey Sandy, both of these phones are i500 variants of the Galaxy S family.   Take a look at this link...

http://phandroid.com/2010/11/25/samsung-mesmerize-vs-samsung-fascinate-software-comparison-and-revie...

or how about this one...

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=2836

Wanna rethink your comment?

0 Likes
sandystorm

RunSilent23 wrote:

sandystorm wrote:

Guardian452com wrote:

Hey Sandy, both of these phones are i500 variants of the Galaxy S family.   Take a look at this link...

http://phandroid.com/2010/11/25/samsung-mesmerize-vs-samsung-fascinate-software-comparison-and-revie...

or how about this one...

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=2836

Wanna rethink your comment?

I have nothing to rethink because there is a difference and thats why Froyo wont work on Fascinate

0 Likes