Jellybean 4.1.2 or 4.2?
Joeimpo

Has Verizon given any release dates for these updates? One of the main reasons I purchased a Nexus device was so I could get the updates right away. It is disappointing that some people are already getting 4.2 and we don't even have 4.1.2 yet.

0 Likes
Re: Jellybean 4.1.2 or 4.2?
RacerCG
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hopefully we'll skip 4.1.2 and go straight to 4.2. It'd be nice if VZW would give us a timeframe for when to expect the 4.2 update...

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

RacerCG wrote:

Hopefully we'll skip 4.1.2 and go straight to 4.2. It'd be nice if VZW would give us a timeframe for when to expect the 4.2 update...

Verizon Wireless doesn't give time lines for updates.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

carseller0822
Contributor - Level 3

If you have a Nexus device with any other carrier you can expect to receive timely software updates. If you have a Nexus device with VZW you can expect to be the last to receive updates. VZW has consistently been last to update their customers handsets. Customers screamed and yelled when it took MONTHS and MONTHS for VZW to update us from ICS to Jelly Bean and it did no good.

If you want VZW's great coverage then you have to deal with the fact that updating customer's handsets isn't a priority for them.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

After reading this article/blog post, I will happily wait for the bugs to get worked out before getting the update for the Galaxy Nexus on Verizon Wireless.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/11/19/android-4-2-gate-here-are-some-of-the-major-issues-plaguing-googles-newest-release/

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

carseller0822
Contributor - Level 3

Of course that doesn't change the fact that Verizon is consistently the last carrier to upgrade it's customers handsets to the latest software. And not by a little bit either.

This headline pretty much says it best "Go ahead and blame Verizon for a Jelly Bean-less Galaxy Nexus"

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57499507-94/go-ahead-and-blame-verizon-for-a-jelly-bean-less-galaxy...

In reference to you link about 4.2 I have to say that I have 4.2 on my Nexus 7 and I haven't had any issues. That's not to say that there aren't any problems with it. Heck, I still have connectivity issues with my Galaxy after the update to 4.1.1.

0 Likes
coinneach
Enthusiast - Level 1

I read up on the 4.2 release, and from what CNet has stated, it has some MAJOR bugs...to be honest, I think that it's good that Verizon is taking it's time releasing this one...but in a way I do agree, they do need to speed the process-several months is a long wait.

0 Likes
BC123123

Just adding my voice - I still haven't got the 4.1 update either!

0 Likes
CHRIS42060
Enthusiast - Level 3

Have yet to have any issues running 4.2, but I am sure the update for 4.2.1 will fix a lot of the bugs.  Just wonder if Verizon will ever approve the update?  Hmmm.

0 Likes