Re: Jelly Bean is coming to Sprint Galaxy Nexus
carseller0822
Contributor - Level 3

Yeah right. Verizon? Update? Good one.

0 Likes
DoctorDeDroid
Contributor - Level 2

I'd like to see someone from VZW (or should I say: V$W) reply to this.  I've been with this company for a long time.... you're "we (deleted content as per VZW ToS) less" attitude gets you JD Power and associates awards but it really does not make me like you.  You clearly hold back on os updates to get us to buy into the new phones and up our term agreement.  You clearly have subverted the nexus brand to serve your own money grubbing greed.

Message was edited by:Verizon Moderator

zombielove69
Contributor - Level 1

JellyBean 4.1 has been approved by sprint and will be rolling out to their Galaxy Nexus phones. And Verizon seems to be the last carrier in the U.S. to approve and/or push it out. This (deleted content to comply with VZW ToS). When is Verizon going to learn this is the 21st century and updating technology is a common practice. So every Galaxy Nexus on the planet except for Canada will have 4.1 now. They seriously need to commit more resources to the updating of software and pushing it out in a timely fashion to keep customers happy and their phones up to date.

It's kind of sad that it takes longer for Verizon to approve and push updates that are already finished and running elsewhere already on nexus devices, than it takes Google to Create and test updates and push them out.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
_________
Enthusiast - Level 2

VERIZON (deleted content to comply with )

0 Likes
DarthHelmet
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well their actions have me determined to do the opposite, I will not be renewing with Verizon nor will I buy another Verizon gimped device.  Sure they have a fast LTE network, but that only really matters if you are on mobile broadband, tethering, or downloading large files directly to the phone.  For the most part mobile sites and apps are geared to the least common denominator of network speed.  "The Network" is no longer worth the hassles, I can get an unlocked GSM Nexus and go to whichever network provider I wish.  Sure it will be AT&T or T-mobiles network or some third party reselling access to those networks. However, for $30 a month for 5GB of data, unlimited text, and 100 minutes sure does sound a lot better than Verizon's overpriced, but faster LTE with bonus battery drain.

0 Likes
dcmed1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sprint users got their Nexus JB update yesterday. Verizon should have it out in 6 months. Verizon is the worst cell phone carrier in the country. I've already gotten rid of Verizion FIOS and next will be their cell phone service.

DoctorDeDroid
Contributor - Level 2

My favorite part of this forum is that if you use the word (deleted content to comply with ), it's edited out on the spot... but the (deleted content as per VZW ToS..please keep your post family friendly) at VZW cannot come up with one "we're sorry the update is taking so long... " and give a real adult explanation as opposed to acting like (self edited here... I'm too mad to be clean).   And now VZW has the unmitigated gall to blame Samsung!!!!!  HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE??? SPRINT'S GALAXY NEXUS IS FROM SAMSUNG TOO, IS IT NOT????

0 Likes