January 11th, and still nothing for Samsung Fascinate
mmiranda215

At first, it was soo cool to have this phone, and than it seems that Verizon just forgotten about it. Now that it's going to start offering the Iphone, let's forget about the the Samsung Facinate. Let's make our customer upset about this phone, just just maybe they'll pay full price for the Iphone. I mean I have heard nothing but rumors about the update for this phone, and it's very upsetting that Verizon does nothing about it. I beginning to regret that our College switch over to Verizon. They offer good products, but the support services are lagging big time!

0 Likes
Re: January 11th, and still nothing for Samsung Fascinate
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

they were rumors, how is it verizon's responsibility to meet the rumor's claims?

0 Likes
bigfrank69
Contributor - Level 1

.... I agree all the different sites saying going to get an update on 10th and nothing yet. And some people have been promised for months since the phone came out and now more new phones coming out and this piece of crap dont work right.

{please keep your posts courteous-Thanks!}

0 Likes
MSSurvivor

Here's the real deal.  You get it when you get it.  It's being pushed by InnoPath http://www.innopath.com/ . 

So add them to your list to complain about.  Verizon, Samsung, InnoPath.

Either way.  I like the phone.  When my contract is up a hotter phone and REAL 4G will be available.  Not this 3.5G being purported to be 4G.  Whether its HSPA+ or LTE its 3.5.  The ITU stated LTE Advanced meets 4G specifications but, that specification isn't due out until March 2011.  Sounds like the game surrounding 802.11N draft .... at least they got to push product.  Get the N, Get the 4G.  And, when my contract is up....I want much better than shown at CES 2011.

Android peeps.  I hear Honeycomb will require a dual core processor.  So, Gingerbread maybe the last update this phone gets.  Just FYI.

Looking forward to the Update V

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

You'll probably be waiting a while for that "true" 100Mbps 4G.  As for the honeycomb dual-core rumor, that's already been debunked and is about as true as Gingerbread requiring a 1GHz+ processor.  The current version of Honeycomb as seen on the Xoom is tablet optimized so whether they have a handset version of that or if they just skip to ice cream sandwich will be the question

0 Likes
LandLockedPH

I know one line I won't be waiting in again... VERIZON's.  

T-Mobile may not have the best coverage... but, there's a reason they've been constantly said to have the best customer service.  

0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

bigfrank69 wrote:

.... I agree all the different sites saying going to get an update on 10th and nothing yet. And some people have been promised for months since the phone came out and now more new phones coming out and this piece of crap dont work right.

{please keep your posts courteous-Thanks!}

so, by your logic, if I go around to different sites spreading a rumor that you will go around doing any favors asked of you, then you fail to deliver, we all have the right to be angry with you. wow, that's spectacularly flawed logic.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

lol. Tmobile already has plans for a HSPA+ Vibrant successor and hasn't even rolled out froyo to the original.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/12/samsung-vibrant-4g-appears-in-leaked-docs-touts-21mbps-hspa-ca/

0 Likes