Re: JELLY BEAN?
2insdad
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am not sure where you see or read emotions.

All any of us has ever asked to know is when our phones will be getting JB.

All you have done is tell us why the Verizon is unable to update us and for us to accept the excuses you come up for them.  I am so glad that Sprint updated their customer's devices so that this CDMA GSM nonsense stoppped once and for all.

I look forward to reading any useful information you might have in this regard.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Look this is the way I am raised.  If you don't like something don't get it.  If Verizon didn't offer me what I want with my hard earned money, and I felt I am being nickeled and dimed.  I am gone I will not ask questions, I will not renew my contract.  It's my money and I will spend it where I see fit.  Manufacturers and service companies I carry no loyalty towards.  I carry my loyalty towards myself because I work hard for my money.

Excuses don't come from them.  I am a programmer, and I have dealt with this stuff at different levels for the USM and also within the field.  I speak from EXPERIENCE and what happens behind the scenes.

As I said before about Sprint.  They updated because they are not worried about LTE.  They have only 8 locations and is relatively small within those 8 locations.  Right now I am running the leaked software from Google servers and since that leak the proprietary software has changed twice.  Sprint is using the one after the change.  If Sprint had more locations(1/3 of what Verizon offers) I am willing the put money down Sprint may have not released this update if they experienced the same thing.  The LTE radio is not as good as the previous version(which they are trying to fix if you ever read the other threads of people having connectivity issues).  This radio causes connectivity issues for me, and others as well.

I believe in this thread there is a link(may be in a similar topic as this one) about where I showed JBQ(lead Android developer) explain how coding schedule doesn't always go as planned and they WILL delay a release if something isn't right.  If it was a small bug here and there it may have been released by now, but a radio update SHOULD cause a delay.  Remember the GSM bug in 4.0.4 that messed up Aussies Galaxy Nexus devices?  They were not happy and blamed their carrier(go figure right) where the carrier had no control of any aspect of that device.

0 Likes
2insdad
Enthusiast - Level 3

Now that we are discussing resume's, I have owned my own IT company longer than you have been alive, possibly.

If I gave these type of reasons (excuses) to my customer's, I would be out of business years ago.

We are looking at this from two completely different points of view.

Most successful people don't CARE as to why someting cannot be done and don't want to hear it.  All we care about is how it CAN and MUST get done.

Read Steve Jobs' and Bill Gates' biographies.

Any time they came up with a crazy idea (I hear Bill Gates' speech many years ago when he said, one day will be carrying our photos, contacts, and money inside a digital device, most people thougth he was nuts.  I hope you look up the speech.) someone told them why he couldn't be done and they got fired, rightfully I must add.

So stop telling us why is CANNOT be done and JUST DO IT.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

You do not now how old I am.  What IT company have you owned?  What contracts have you had with what other IT companies?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Then stop complaining and let them DO IT.  Even you being an IT company some stuff takes time.  If you are not willing to give them the time don't expect miracles.

0 Likes
2insdad
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hence the word possibly.

as alway, irrelevant to the direction of the discussion.

You are so good at that.

0 Likes
2insdad
Enthusiast - Level 3

I love how any criticism of VZW bothers you so much and gets your blood boiling.

Amazing.

0 Likes
JELLY BEAN?
Tidbits
Legend

who says my blood is boiling.  You are the one that took it off topic.  You are the one that brought up my age in the previous comment "I have owned my own IT company longer than you have been alive" if that was relevant to the discussion then my reply to it would be relevant you would think?

Good day sir now I definitely know you are trolling with the last response.  Anyway it will get here when Verizon feels that it works, and right now with the testing I have done with the test build pulled off Google servers, and the changes that has happened since the leak happened.  It isn't ready for basic consumers.

0 Likes
DoctorDeDroid
Contributor - Level 2

Guys, guys, take it easy... it's just a phone...

Does anyone have any inkling of how different the Sprint CDMA Nexus is compared with the VZW CDMA Nexus?  Is anyone on Sprint having these connectivity issues? 

So here is the perception... if the Sprint vs VZW nexus are not significantly different, (NO idea if, how, or what etc.), and if there is no problems on Sprint, and Sprint gets JB... it seems reasonable that VZW should be rolling it out too.  So there are two conclusions that can be arrived at:

1) they are VERY different and there are problems for VZW JB that don't exist for Sprint.

2) someone in the food-chain between Google and VZW  (inclusive) is holding out on us

If it's 1) then there is a valid reason for holding back on the update but  it seems to me that somebody *official* ought to say so... i.e. these guys ought to put their heads together and make a joint statement of SOME kind.  If I ran a business I feel I'd owe it to my customers.... but that's just me.

If it's not 1), then what we get is an opening to wild speculation and conspiracy theories (I *love* a good conspiracy theory)...  but frankly... I think the simplest explanation (if it isn't 1),  may well be simple institutional stupidity.

I think VZW is in at least partly to blame for this (for lack of a better term) debacle because when they have offered any kind of verbage, it's been to blame Google, Samsung etc.  That's just not good spin and people don't believe it even if it's true.  There seems to be plenty more blame to go around.   If it's truly the case that their testing has uncovered issues that need to be fixed... without going into specifics that would violate any kind of agreement, just say so!  I'm sure they could have a meeting of all parties involved and come up with a very reasonable explanation that would be the truth and not give away the candy store.  The way it's been handled so far makes it seem.... well.... sort of nefarious.'

Okay TB, now that I saw your last post ... if you think JB VZW isn't ready for prime time, then that's something else.  I wish VZW simply could say that.

This is what the silence has brought us to...

0 Likes
2insdad
Enthusiast - Level 3

Only after you decided that we have to listen to you because you needed everyone to know " I am a programmer, and I have dealt with this stuff at different levels for the USM and also within the field.  I speak from EXPERIENCE and what happens behind the scenes."  Well I for one was not impressed.  There are others who might be impressed even though this is not relevant.

Again, I look forward to reading any information that might remotely answer the question, "when will be getting JB?"

I do love your answer, " Anyway it will get here when Verizon feels that it works."  How sad!!

You have implied that you are a US Marine.  If I am correct, then Thank you for your Service to our great country.

And good day to you sir.

0 Likes