Re: JELLY BEAN?
2insdad
Enthusiast - Level 3

Tidbits;

you sound quite knowledgeable about this issue. Thank you. I had previously read JBQ's article as well and understand that it takes a collaboration to get the job done.

Basically, you are telling us to go with AT&T if we want timely updates since Verizon/Samsung/Google/Qualcomm are unable to get the updates out quickly for their own valid/invalid reasons.

The only question I have left is why then there are no such delays for the AT&T/Samsung/Google/GSM group?

0 Likes
Ptelomy
Enthusiast - Level 1

The lack of information is the reason this phone will be my last and all the other phones on my plan I am phasing out as their contract date is up.  Biggest network or not, treating customers like this is unacceptable and the only way to impact culture change is one phone changing carriers at a time.  I am done paying more money for less and less service.

Tidbits
Legend

2insdad wrote:

Tidbits;

you sound quite knowledgeable about this issue. Thank you. I had previously read JBQ's article as well and understand that it takes a collaboration to get the job done.

Basically, you are telling us to go with AT&T if we want timely updates since Verizon/Samsung/Google/Qualcomm are unable to get the updates out quickly for their own valid/invalid reasons.

The only question I have left is why then there are no such delays for the AT&T/Samsung/Google/GSM group?

GSM code for the most part is open source.  There is only one signature, and it only needs the person who develops the phones signature.  They do not need any carriers, or manufacturers signature.

With CDMA there is always a carrier, and manufacturer approval process as they have to sign off on it.  When Google said it would be treated like their other Nexus devices I knew it was a load of bull(coming for Symbian days, and other open source projects). 

Keep in mind when VoLTE happens the process gets a lot quicker, but the question remains if there can be one unified radio that meets all the spectrums without causing interference(which is currently being worked on).

LTE is a GOOD thing in the long run.  If the above radio happens.  Manufacturers can make one device that works on all carriers.  update happens when manufacturers want the update. You can chose your carrier and device without signing a 2 year agreement and it'll work.  This will drive productions costs down.

0 Likes
postmasterp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Adding to this comment, the issue of CDMA vs. GSM and HPSA+ related sign-off is a diversion since the official JB software code has been finalized and is available for use as long as you're willing to violate your terms of service. I will be mailing a box of unpleasant contents to Verizon's mobile headquarters in the near future. I was deceived when I thought I was buying my first nexus device, and I am disappointed in the lack of service and communication from my carrier. I will also be voicing my displeasure in the form of changing carriers when my current contract expires, a decision made even easier by the expiration of my unlimited data plan at that time.

Tidbits
Legend

No it hasn't. It has been changed. Even though it shows 4.1.1 the build has changed. What are the changes it is anyone's guess. That is proof it hasn't been finalized.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Ask JBQ if you don't believe me about the above. Your favorite fan droid sites did a few articles about it themselves.

0 Likes
tanukihat

You can get it today with these simple steps!

<Content deleted per the .>

WORLD'S BEST CELLULAR PHONE PROVIDER AWARD!

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Like what Verizon bloated advertising junk?

Anyway you post will be deleted soon as per TOS.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

You can tell he's only been on here a Short Time Tidbits.. I think he'd better head over the to the T.O.S page and Read the Terms..  

0 Likes
rocgirl22

I work for a huge corporation and we ALWAYS have estimated dates for releases...why doesnt Verizon?

0 Likes