Issues charging Samsung Fascinate
jkami88

Hello all,
First and foremost I just wanna say that I actually love the Fascinate, it's my first smartphone and I got it for a .01 through AmazonWireless. So far I enjoy the phone a lot but one issue is driving me nuts - the battery! I feel like the battery life is [I]OK[/I] as long as I don't really use the phone that much. Some basic phone calls, txting, web surfing, etc.

Also, what's even more troubling is the fact that the phone will not charge if it is plugged in to the wall and is in use. The phone takes around 6 hours to charge, and if I use the phone at all the battery life will actually [I]go down[/I] despite being plugged in. Is this common?

I just bought the phone four days ago, so it's not too late to return...

0 Likes
Re: Issues charging Samsung Fascinate
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

jkami88 wrote:

Hello all,
First and foremost I just wanna say that I actually love the Fascinate, it's my first smartphone and I got it for a .01 through AmazonWireless. So far I enjoy the phone a lot but one issue is driving me nuts - the battery! I feel like the battery life is [I]OK[/I] as long as I don't really use the phone that much. Some basic phone calls, txting, web surfing, etc.

Also, what's even more troubling is the fact that the phone will not charge if it is plugged in to the wall and is in use. The phone takes around 6 hours to charge, and if I use the phone at all the battery life will actually [I]go down[/I] despite being plugged in. Is this common?

Return it now and get a replacement... You should not have this problem, and I would consider another phone at this time, such as a Charge
0 Likes
B33
Legend

jkami88 wrote:

Hello all,

return it.... return it.... return it !   Now. !  an get something els like the X2 or Dinc. 2 maybee the T-bolt if  U have 4G in your Area or Droid charge. there alott better choices than that fascinate. good luck too ya

Let us know what you chose. B33

0 Likes
randallg

Get rid of it NOW!!!  It's obsolete and a piece of junk!  Stay away from Samsung!!  I have at least 7 friends that have the iPhone and absolutely love it! 

0 Likes
ladybell
Enthusiast - Level 3

So, I am opposed to GETTING RID of the Fascinate.  It's a great phone.  The software update are more of the issue with teh device than the device itself.  I might recommend that since you got such a steal onthe phone, consider buying a factory Samsung battery replacement.  The standard battery will work with your current back cover.  The extended battery makes the phone look pregnant and requires a different cover.  Lots of us don't follow the directions with the phones when we get them new.  You may need to get a new battery.  Before you crash for the night put hte battery in while the phone is turned off and fully charge it without the power on.  You may get better life from  it.  Another thing to consider is double checkig your software updates.  2.2 Froyo is eating up the battery quite a bit.  You might try visit android central for this device and getting some feed back there also.  Many of those persons have taken their phone to the dentist and seem to be getting much more out of the device.  They will be very helpful in their forums.  Good luck.  I enjoy my phone much more than not.  Don't let people discourage you without getting some useful help in the process.

0 Likes
TominqueBo_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello jkami88,

I do understand how important it is to stay connected.  If you are still experiencing battery opportunities with battery life please advise me so I may further assist.  Thank you.  

0 Likes