Is there anyone who is not having a problem with their Fascinate?
geomimi89

Just ordered the Fascinate for a penny from Amazon. Looks like that's all it's worth! LOL. Is there anyone who has not had problems with this phone! I have not received mine yet, maybe I'll be one of the lucky ones.

Should I do the update or stick with 2.1? Do I have a choice?

0 Likes
Re: Is there anyone who is not having a problem with their Fascinate?
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

geomimi89 wrote:

Just ordered the Fascinate for a penny from Amazon. Looks like that's all it's worth! LOL. Is there anyone who has not had problems with this phone! I have not received mine yet, maybe I'll be one of the lucky ones.

Should I do the update or stick with 2.1? Do I have a choice?

im on 2.1, i dont really need flash

no problems in the 9 months ive had it

i just refused the updates.

if i want yogurt i'll get it from a private chef

0 Likes
geomimi89

I guess that's what I'll do, just hate to keep getting that pop up of the upgrade is available.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

geomimi89 wrote:

I guess that's what I'll do, just hate to keep getting that pop up of the upgrade is available.

there is an option to refuse the update, then it wont bother you again

0 Likes
no_service
Enthusiast - Level 3

You most likely won't have a choice and your phone will already be updated. But if you get lucky and the phone is not on the latest software, I would stick with the earlier one unless you hear from us and others that the problems are fixed. My phone I got last week was already updated when I got it, but it was a refurbished phone. I would assume brand new phones would also be updated already but you may at least get lucky and get an earlier Froyo version, since the last update (ED04) seems to be the worst as far as missed calls/etc.

0 Likes
geomimi89

Thanks for all the advice, I will keep you posted on my experience with the phone, should get it tomorrow!

0 Likes
geomimi89

I received my Fascinate today, the software version is 2.2.1, I'm assuming this is the original version that the phone shipped with in Sept, 2010. As soon as I finished the setup it wanted to do an update. I just hit the back button and it was cancelled, I hit the OK button and that was it. Hope it doesn't update in the middle of the night!

So far the phone is good, no freezing, all text messages are going through, did miss one call, went to voice mail, after that all calls received even in sleep mode. Lets see how it does in the next few days!

0 Likes
geomimi89

I received my Fascinate today, the software version is 2.2.1, I'm assuming this is the original version that the phone shipped with in Sept, 2010. As soon as I finished the setup it wanted to do an update. I just hit the back button and it was cancelled, I hit the OK button and that was it. Hope it doesn't update in the middle of the night!

So far the phone is good, no freezing, all text messages are going through, did miss one call, went to voice mail, after that all calls received even in sleep mode. Lets see how it does in the next few days!

0 Likes
no_service
Enthusiast - Level 3

2.2.1 is Froyo. The phone originally shipped with 2.1 Eclair. What is your Build number? I'm assuming it is not the ED04 (which you should avoid at all costs) since you were prompted to update.

Edit: Also, I don't know if it works the same way on the Fascinate, but on the Droid X (running unrooted stock software) you could only postpone the update for a certain period of time and then it would force the update without your approval. Broke a lot of people's X's that were previously running fine. Hope that doesn't happen to you but just letting you know it's possible.

0 Likes
geomimi89

Just checked the build number, it's ED03. I shut it off for the night. LOL Thanks for the info!

0 Likes