Is there a problem with the camera on the Galaxy?
cyanjanin

Taking photos in full light is fine. When the flash is used there is a major problem. The phone completely goes black and is locked up. This has happened several times over the past few weeks. The only way to restart is to remove and replace the battery. The last time the phone rebooted, a message came up saying that the battery was not supported (it's the Samsung battery shipped with the phone)! I've installed firmware updates, but there was no change. Anyone else have issues with the Charge flash/photo?

0 Likes
Re: Is there a problem with the camera on the Galaxy?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I am not having any problems with the camera on my Nexus. Flash or otherwise.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

cyanjanin,

Are you experiencing a problem with the camera on the Charge or the Nexus? The title of the forum post is

However, the last sentence asks if anyone else is having issues with the Charge flash/phone.

In the meantime, you can check to make sure your device has the most recent software version by going to

Settings>About Phone>System Updates

Does it say your phone is up to date or did it take you through the update process?

Please reply back to me to let me know if you have the Galaxy or the Charge in order for me to look into this issue further.

Thanks so much!

Tamara H.

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
OCLADY1208
Enthusiast - Level 2

No problem with the camera on my Galaxy Nexus.  Work great.  Took a picture yesterday through my wind shield at a red light.  There was this old Woody with the surf boards on top.  Picture came out great.  Sorry you having problems.  You may have to return that phone to Verizon.

0 Likes
cyanjanin

Sorry about the confusion. The issue is with a Charge.

When I check Settings>About Phone>System Updates, it shows "Your system is

up to date."

Also, I read some of the other posts that questioned the battery. The phone

has an extended battery, and it has locked up with it fully charged. I just

tried to take a picture with the flash on "Auto Flash" and it went black

and locked up. Pulled the battery to reboot. Switched Flash to "On". Tried

to take picture and had the same result. The battery was about 75% charged

when I did the above test. Now, after trying to take a couple of pictures

and three reboots, it's showing a little more than 50% charge. It's also on

Auto focus, and No Scene Mode.

Thanks for your help.

Charlie

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 4:14 PM, TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

No problem cyanjanin! I wanted to make sure we were on the same page.

I would like for you to go into Settings>About Phone>System Updates>Check New

Also view the Baseband version and tell me what you have in there.

There were other reports of people having the same issue that you were having, however, once Gingerbread was installed on the device, it corrected the issue with the device freezing when taking a picture.

Please check those items for me and let me know if you are still experiencing the issues.

As a last resort, we may need to have you perform factory/hard reset. You should first back up contacts to GMAIL or even BackUp Assistant.

If you have applications that you are afraid of losing, don't fret because you can get them back as well!

You would go to https://market.android.com/ Once there, sign in using the same GMAIL info that was used to set your Charge up. Once signed in, go to My Library and you can get them all on your Charge again.

Please follow up if you require any additional assistance.

Tamara H.

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes