If I buy a nexus 5x from the Google store, can I activate it on my Verizon plan?
jamairose7
Enthusiast - Level 1

I Want to buy the Nexus 5x from the Google play store. If I do that will I be able to activate it on my active Verizon account?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: If I buy a nexus 5x from the Google store, can I activate it on my activate Verizon plan?
locutus1701
Enthusiast - Level 3

It will work. I recommend that you swap the sim card from your previous device (needs to be a nano sim card) into the 5X (assuming you are already a verizon customer). It should start working immediately.

If your previous device had a micro sim card you will need to transfer your information to a nano sim.

View solution in original post

Re: If I buy a nexus 5x from the Google store, can I activate it on my activate Verizon plan?
Snn5
Legend

Yes.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jamairose7, having a new phone is very exciting and there are always many deals out there. As the Nexus 5 was not a device sold or manufacturer for Verizon Wireless, we are unable to guarantee connectivity to our network. If purchasing the Nexus 6 or 7 for Verizon Wireless, you would ensure that you are able to use that new phone, with your current plan.
LorenB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

The Nexus 5X and 6 and 6P will work on Verizon.  There is no such thing as a Nexus 7 phone.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon used to sell the Nexus 7 2013 tablet with a Verizon SIM card.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
locutus1701
Enthusiast - Level 3

It will work. I recommend that you swap the sim card from your previous device (needs to be a nano sim card) into the 5X (assuming you are already a verizon customer). It should start working immediately.

If your previous device had a micro sim card you will need to transfer your information to a nano sim.