Re: I really feel betrayed by Verizon and this phone
robinr56

I,ve had my NG for over a month and have never had any problems with it yet.....knock on wood!

0 Likes
ems12

@OP

This happened to me I had the same issue you're describing, I couldn't stay connected to the network for more than 1 min. I would get bars then no bars. I did a factory reset and even booted the phone into safe mode and the problem persisted. I contacted VZW Tech support and talked to a tier 2 support tech. She could "see" my connection connecting and disconnecting. She authorized a phone swap on the phone.

I took the phone back to the VZW store and they had to go through a process known as "no swap". Its a number they call before they are authorized to do a swap. Funny thing is the sales man had the same phone as me. His phone was sitting there with full bars and mine was going in and out every 30 seconds.

To make a long story short they authorized the swap (after some arguing by my sales men with "no swap") and I got a new handset with no issues. I think there is a batch of phones that maybe got shipped with bad radios in them. This swapped phone has had zero issues and in fact right now sitting next to me in my home I have full 4g service and have not dropped a call as of yet.

0 Likes
DroidudeAZ
Contributor - Level 2

I just received my 3rd G Nex and it's a charm. I was a little upset that it was a Certified Like New device, after paying $700 for my first G Nex in January.The radio is staying connected all of the time and doesn't drop signal much at all. The last phone was averaging 20 - 25% of the day with no Verizon Network connection and the new one is averaging 2% - 3%. I hope the upcoming software update will improve the speed and signal. My signal still kind of stinks, but before, it was usually -100 to -120, now it hovers between -93 to -107.

0 Likes
BrownSugar67
Contributor - Level 3

Contact the BBB about your issues.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I am sorry to tell you this but you are approaching a solution the wrong way in the first place, you are viewing the issue as a device issue for sure and received a replacement device instead of considering the it could have been a network situation in your area instead of a device issue all the time.

Some are more open to accept a replacement device than wait to identify the possible real nature of the problem...Even if it is a device software issue it wont be fixed with a new device because both devices will be using the same software and until more understand this you will be dissatisfied.

I understand you want a solution but sometimes some issues take a little time to resolve, especially if the issue wasn't expected and the source of the problem hasn't been identified.   This is one of the pleasures of new technology, the almost always run into issues.

0 Likes
Pcriz

You see in my case I voiced my issues with other GNEX users (forums full of people having the same issues or non at all, people living in the same city/area/region reporting different results). I also looked at other 4G phones that were functioning fine. I even took the step of activating my DROID Bionic and it worked like a charm.

I'm not one to buy into insurance ( my fault) but if I can swap my device and eliminate one variable then that is what I will do. After all I am signed on for two years. Also given the fact that most customers call tech support, get a network ticket put in and it comes back negative for network issues and the tech recommends an exchange what does the average joe do?

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I understand where you are coming from but in my opinion the issue with the Nexus is a software issue or hardware misconfiguration and since this is manufacture configuration I am not one to believe a replacement device as a solution... 

If you research other developers site usually other users have better performance and less network issues which usually proves that most the issues is from installed software or software misconfiguration that cause hardware performance issues

Sometimes a firmware update would resolve the bugs but it takes a little time sometimes and replacing the device is a solution that works to make a number of users happy but this doesn't fix the real problems and this also makes a workable solution a bit difficult.

0 Likes
Pcriz

Let us roll back time to when many a customer asked "When will this phone be released". To answer the many cries of those whom waited so feverishly we were greeted with generic statements of rigorous testing and high quality standards.

The choice was obvious for me, whether it be a faulty model a hardware issue or just an update it comes down to picking a working phone out of the box or not. I picked one that worked out of the box and it wasn't a Galaxy Nexus. People forget we are consumers, we don't wait on businesses, businesses wait on us.

I wouldn't pay full price for a car whose engine hasnt been created yet.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Pcriz wrote:

Let us roll back time to when many a customer asked "When will this phone be released". To answer the many cries of those whom waited so feverishly we were greeted with generic statements of rigorous testing and high quality standards.

The choice was obvious for me, whether it be a faulty model a hardware issue or just an update it comes down to picking a working phone out of the box or not. I picked one that worked out of the box and it wasn't a Galaxy Nexus. People forget we are consumers, we don't wait on businesses, businesses wait on us.

I wouldn't pay full price for a car whose engine hasnt been created yet.

Actually let's roll back time.  People were CRYING at the fact Europe already had it with flaws in tow.  People kept saying... Release the phone now or I am leaving, suing, and whatever what not.  Eventually they gave in to the "squeaky wheel" and now this is the result, and software doesn't get fixed overnight.

Smiley Happy I wouldn't pay full price for a car whose engine hasn't been created yet, but I also wouldn't cry at the fact the company has not released the product in question either.

0 Likes
Pcriz

Funny I don't recall signal drop (or even the wifi keep alive) being called out as issues in the GSM version. Only issue they had was the volume. Not to mention we were on 4.0.3 at release and they weren't. Heck they even had the volume fix before America had the phone.

Alas you missed the point I was addressing to Wildman. By his statment of "the issue with the Nexus is a software issue or hardware misconfiguration and since this is manufacture configuration I am not one to believe a replacement device as a solution" and the statement from Verizon of extensive testing don't mesh.

Please don't believe the whining and crying of a few cell phone nerds pushed the hands of Verizon to "release too early". If that is the logic then darn we still haven't received 4.0.4 so by your logic we would still be waiting right?

I wish the community was that powerful, then moto wouldn't still be locking bootloaders.

0 Likes