Re: I really feel betrayed by Verizon and this phone
Wildman
Legend

mikem84 wrote:

I just gave my return phones to the mail man to send back. He asked if they were the Samsung Nexus. He said they have seen alot of these come through postal service. I live in a town of about 90,000. No 4G. Don't know if all the same problem but pointing more towards a network plus hardware / software problem.

That's not good.... but I am wondering how he would know what device was being shipped because users normally place the device is a unlabelled box or packaging so a user wouldn't know what was being shipped

0 Likes
droidbionic

thats weird .better keep a eye on that mail man.not goood.call the post office an let them know if there will be a problem with your phone going out.

0 Likes
mikem84
Enthusiast - Level 2

I guess if you keep seeing the exact same box with the exact same mailing label and talk to people, you can get a pretty good handle on things.

0 Likes
holmsc
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I've been watching this issue for a while and it seems there is still a lot of confusion. Here is what I believe to be the issue.

My friend had the exact same issue as the original poster. Verizon told him to wait, it's a software issue. After about a month of waiting I told him that he just needs to have it replaced, because Verizon isn't fixing it. Verizon kept saying "it's a network issue" or "it's an issue with your account". I even installed a custom ROM with the radios from 4.0.4 and still no improvement.

He and I switched SIM cards and my device would stay connected to the network, while his wouldn't. 

He fought with them for a while over the phone and in-store, and ultimately they agreed to take it back because the phone isn't working properly, and it's still under warranty (for a year).

Guess what, he got the new phone, and boom, it worked. Bottom line, Verizon should send you a new device since yours is still under warranty, and not working.

Devils8
Enthusiast - Level 3

It is truly pathetic that Verizon has treated you that way. I think they have treated all of their Nexus customers with borderline contempt, but if you are handicapped and they are actually refusing to give you a new, non-Nexus phone, that is unbelievable. That makes what little faith I still had in the company disappear.

0 Likes
JeffL3603
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have to say this is a rare incident where Verizon refuses to fix or replace a phone.  I have been a Verizon customer for years and they have always had exceptional custiomer service.  They have even offered to compensate me when issues couldn't be resolved that same day.  As far as The Nexus Galaxy, I have one over a week now and the minor issues I had weren't with the phone. It was with the dummy operating the phone aka me. I walked into a Verizon store and they helped me fix things and showed me how to operate it correctly. There is a huge differenc between Ice Cream Sandwich and Android OS I had on My HTC Incredible.  You have to allow yourself a learning curve.

0 Likes
KellyArens
Contributor - Level 3

And what does a learning curve have to do with a one way audio problem that 1000's of people are having with this phone?

0 Likes
JeffL3603
Enthusiast - Level 3

1000's? I seriously doubt it's that many.

0 Likes
JMiller334

I seriously doubt it's 1000s as well......There's more. True enough learning the device and OS would curb some of the issues but most, if not all, have nothing to do w/ the user's literacy of the two...It's software/hardware issues. Come tomorrow will be my 3rd GNex and I spoke w/ a representative who said they have option available to those who have been having problems repeatedly w/ the same device. So after this I'm giving up, if Big Red adopts the Galaxy Note--Galaxy Journal as rumored to be on Verizon-- then I'll stay if not, I'm gone.

0 Likes
KJ9
Enthusiast - Level 1

You'd be wrong to doubt that it's 1000's because it is. Search google, android central, and all the people on this forum begging for a fix... It's easily 1000's....

0 Likes