Re: I really feel betrayed by Verizon and this phone
notarep
Contributor - Level 3

I can agree with that, but again, they aren't gonna do anything. Even if they send you something else, you won't get a brand new phone. The biggest impact you can make on a carrier is to disconnect. On the flip side, you are entitled to as many replacement devices as necessary during the length of your warranty until you get a working one. I never said it was sold as beta. I consider it beta. I consider all new tech to be beta which is mass produced for the consumer to test.

You agreed to the 14 day return policy when you renewed your contract, doesn't matter if the phone is working or not now because you are stuck with it due to the fact you signed the contract.  If you really wanna get your money back, take it to small claims court. Hopefully whoever represents vz won't throw the contract you signed at you.

0 Likes
Pcriz

" The users of a beta version are called beta testers. They are usually

customers or prospective customers of the organization that develops the

software, willing to test the software without charge, often receiving the

final software free of charge or for a reduced price."

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I have been staying away from this discussion because I really cant believe the direction it has went but I will clearify one thing, the statement about Beta devices was not meant in the form that it was recieved...   Manufactors or Service Perviders do not sale a device under a beta status because beta devices are just that beta which means that device hasnt been completely tested and any known bugs has not been addressed.

The main issue with Android devices is the 3rd party software developers only because a large amount of developers redesign a original product using a developers SDK but do not totally take the time to optimize the apps functionality or codes which usually causes incompatibility..  This leads to issues that makes the device or OS seem to be poorly designed.

It may be wise to take this in consideration when identifing a devices issues.. When it comes to software developing problems are a part of the game even for large developers such as Google and sometime a solution for a issue wont come in a timely manner because there is so much data and lines of code that has to be debugged and back traced to identify some issues.

Just understand no developer or software is perfect all the time, not because of lack of developement or developers knowledge, it is just a fact in the business.

0 Likes
mikem84
Enthusiast - Level 2

I completely agree. Software development is difficult and complex to try and get all the pieces to work together. As i said before, I'm surprised our phones work as good as they do. My complaint is that when there is a problem that prevents the device from working as intended, there is no effort to satisfy the customer. Give the customer some fair and reasonable options instead of hidding behind a contract. Contracts are voided every day if both parties agree. I would think it is in VZ best interest to keep happy customers. As a side note, my phone has this problem without any 3rd party apps or software installed.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I understand and I am no way saying defective hardware doesn't have a possibility of being part of the issue sometimes as well.  When a manufacture mass produce a device there is always a hardware issue to consider as well but usually if there is a repeating issue on more than one device with the same user a common factor exist and the issue is to locate the common factor...

0 Likes
Pcriz

Is that like when car companies recall large numbers of cars? I had the

issue twice of shotty signal before i got a RAZR Maxx that works fine.

Of course my DROID Incredible, DROID X, DROID 3, and DROID Bionic all

worked fine.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I guess you could compare that to something like that...   Its kind of like the issue with the Droid X first batch released had issues because of a manufacture flaw but once the second batch was released the issues seen on the first batch was gone.. 

Usually if the item is a popular device and situations happen like this the chance that a user gets more than one of the defected device is slim but not impossible but when a user when through 5 or 6 like some has reported usually there has to be another factor in play.

0 Likes
mikem84
Enthusiast - Level 2

That is why I dont believe it is one issue. There are 4 compenents to this issue. You have hardware, software, network, and user. If it was hardware odds say i would get one that works. If it was just software I think this would be far more wide spread. That leaves network and user as the only common factors. As the user my phones have been stock or just unlocked and rooted or 4.0.4 version or Custom rom, apps installed and no apps installed. All with no change. Considering not all of VZ networking equipment is identical, I believe it's a combination of hardware and software that's not playing nice with certain parts of the network. Will Moto have this problem when they upgrade to ICS? Will Sprints GNex have this problem on their network?

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

You have a good point, it is a number of things in play that needs to be isolated before a solution will be found but the problem is that this usually requires the user do some trouble shooting of the device and some simply are not prepared to do this...  Sooner or later some will learn that solutions are not simply found from complaining and sometime some interaction is required by the user to resolve the issue..

To the users that are still having issues I hope a solution comes to light soon because I understand how it feels to have a product that does not function as design.

0 Likes
mikem84
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just gave my return phones to the mail man to send back. He asked if they were the Samsung Nexus. He said they have seen alot of these come through postal service. I live in a town of about 90,000. No 4G. Don't know if all the same problem but pointing more towards a network plus hardware / software problem.

0 Likes