Re: I'm done.
verizonmoderator1

thomasrhoward wrote:

I love how moderators are quick to edit posts to comply with the rules, but no one from VZW addresses the real issues.

This is a peer-to-peer support forum, where community members help one another.  It is NOT Verizon Technical support, nor is it meant to be.

The job of the moderators is to ensure that the forum Terms of Service are followed.

<< Verizon Moderator >>

GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

Verizon employees used to give help to community members. I've seen it and have even been in contact with an employee through here when I had Thunderbolt problems. Did that change?

Also Verizon has it's own G+ page +verizon wireless customer support ( https://plus.google.com/103497958814668799660 ) so why not help out your very own community?

That's pretty weak of Verizon to not help it's community when needed. Some of the moderation around here removes the information that some people might actually find useful but I get it. If a Verizon employee slipped and wrote something where we could copy it and post it to the world then Verizon would have to back track for the employees slip up. It's to bad Verizon can't put people in charge of their site that knows enough to offer help and stay out of trouble...

0 Likes
DroidudeAZ
Contributor - Level 2

If you have insurance have them change you out to a Razr Maxx. I did it last week. I didn't wan to give up on the Nexus but I had enough of the radios issue among other things. Now I'm reading on the blogs that the update wasn't that successful on the Galaxy Nexus. My Razr Maxx has vastly better radios and signal, call quality is clear, it doesn't auto reboot and the difference in screen resolution is negligible to my eyes. If fact, the whites are whiter on the Maxx and blacks are blacker and colors are more lush. I can't tell a difference in reading text. Get the Maxx, you won't be disappointed. To put the icing on the cake, the Razr and Maxx will have ICS in a few weeks. Winner, winner chicken dinner!

PJNC284
Master - Level 2

DroidudeAZ wrote:

To put the icing on the cake, the Razr and Maxx will have ICS in a few weeks.

Don't forget this is Verizon afterall.  Don't hedge your bets on Verizon software updates being when they claim.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are VZW employees who occasionally roam the community. They use the username.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Not applicable

That's what tech support if for.  Verizon is not going to provide 2 different tech support locations.

0 Likes
NexusMan21
Contributor - Level 2

By the time the Razr and Razr Maxx get ICS, Jellybean will be what's on people's minds!

0 Likes
bowlingdb

I got my Galaxy Nexus in March. It was immediately a piece of junk, in terms of ability to make/receive calls or to do so without dropping. I had to do the ole "sit in a certain part of the house" trick to get my signal up to around -105 dbm in order to make a call. Otherwise, my signal hovered around -120 dbm which is about as bad as it gets.

I came from a Motorola Droid X, which worked perfectly in any area of my house.

After reading numerous posts and articles about the signal issues with this Nexus phone, I figured I was doomed to having a crappy phone - or that I'd have to spent hours dealing with VZW customer service. I upgraded to the IMM76K 4.0.4 update, and it did absolutely no good. I tried everything, and failed to get the phone to work.

I was resigned to failure until I ran into my cousin who has the exact same phone. Holding them side by side, his was pulling 3-4 bars, and mine was pulling no bars (an "x"). This was sorta the last straw and convinced me that it must be a hardware issue with my particular device, and that it was worth screwing around with VZW to try and get a replacement.

I went in to the VZW store last week and asked for a replacement Nexus. They sent me one, with basically no questions asked. I got the new one, and it works great so far.

I guess the point here is that it was actually worth it for me to request a replacement. My phone was so utterly bad, that there was no other option. And so far, I'm glad I did, because I love everything about this phone - assuming it works for making and receiving calls. Just my $.02.

0 Likes
I'm done.
prashants17
Enthusiast - Level 3

returned mine today for a Maxx

0 Likes
igovirginmobile
Contributor - Level 1

OK, I work in a large third party provider of customer service for major market movers in consumer goods and in pharma and I can say without any reservations booooooogus. If Verizon is not out on their own blogs gathering sentiment and reacting to problems that are obviously of critical consumer concern they deserve every bit of criticism they get on these blogs. As far as "peer to peer support" that is just another way to say "Verizon will not help you so you might as well ask someone who is better at the technology than Verizon". No excuses Verizon rescope your business model or perish.

0 Likes