I keep getting a notification that says "Google Talk authentication failed"...does anyone know how to get rid of this? I tried looking for it in the apps but not really sure what google talk is or how to get rid of this message that keeps popping up.
funwidowlady

How do i get rid of the message that keeps popping up that says "google talk authentication failed"????

0 Likes
Re: I keep getting a notification that says "Google Talk authentication failed"...does anyone know how to get rid of this? I tried looking for it in the apps but not really sure what google talk is or how to get rid of this message that keeps popping up.
Not applicable

funwidowlady,

Good afternoon!  I'm glad I can be here to help with this error. In the device this application is identified only as 'Talk', so that be more familiar to you. First I recommend opening the 'Market' app on your phone, then Menu>My Apps to see if this application requires an update. It will display a list on top of all applications that need to be updated. If nothing exists, tap 'Home' and go into 'Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Talk, then tap 'Clear Cache' and 'Clear Data' to remove the history of that application and stop the notifications.  The app will remain on your phone for future use, if you desire to take advantage of it. Read more about Google Talk here

Thank you!

AdamE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: I keep getting a notification that says "Google Talk authentication failed"...does anyone know how to get rid of this? I tried looking for it in the apps but not really sure what google talk is or how to get rid of this message that keeps popping up.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The application Google Talk is not in the Android Market.  It can only be updated through a system update.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes