Re: I can't chat on my phone.
Rhonda101

Yeah, I am beginning to understand it now;  and yes the flash drive is useless, I can't use the chat communites I would like to; I did find an IM site that I am exploring.... Thanks for your help everybody!!

0 Likes
Re: I can't chat on my phone.
10sEn
Contributor - Level 3

The issue with the chat sites you may be visiting isn't Flash, it's Java (see below).  Unfortunately, you can't run Java in your browser either.  While this difference does seem minor, given that you can do neither on the phone as of today, it's important to consider in the future when updates and upgrades occur and enable one or the other.  The new OS (2.2) which has not yet been released by Verizon has Flash capabilities but not Java.  It does have the ability to run Javascript, but Javascript and Java are not the same since your phone can execute Javascript currently but not Java.

From TalkCity's FAQ page:

Why can't I get into any rooms?

You may need to download and install (or re-install) Java on your computer. You can get the latest version of Java at http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp. If you have problems after trying that, please come to the Talk City Info Central message board and tell us about your problem. Our staff will he happy to assist you.

0 Likes