I can't chat on my phone.
Rhonda101
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I can't chat on my phone.
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

yeah, if you're going through the browser and the chat rooms use flash then it isn't going to work (at least for the time being).  The Fascinate comes with Flash Lite but it's pretty much useless

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Can you give a few specifics if you want help???????
rcschnoor
Legend
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
How are you wanting to chat with someone? There is google talk that should come with the phone. If not, it is available on the Market. There are other applications in the Market that can use the other chat engines available. Msn, aol yahoo, etc.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Rhonda101

I tried to explain, but it wouldn't let me input text...anyway...phone tells me I need Adobe Flash Player, when I try to download it I am told it isn't supported on my device; I see a flash player in my apps, but ???? 

0 Likes
Rhonda101

Well that is interesting, I can try Google chat and see if it works, yes I want to chat, thanks!

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

fascinate uses android 2.1, no flash in 2.1

now again, how are you trying to chat? what program?

0 Likes
Rhonda101

Well, I started with Yahoo Messenger Chat Rooms, Talk City Chat Rooms, MSN Chat Rooms, none of them work; when I attempt to Chat in Talk City a white pop up box appears with "reconnect, help, close" tabs in the upper right hand corner...help either tells me only one window can be open at a time or to check my connections.  I've tried downloading different things but maybe I just don't know what I'm doing.....

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Rhonda101 wrote:

Well, I started with Yahoo Messenger Chat Rooms, Talk City Chat Rooms, MSN Chat Rooms, none of them work; when I attempt to Chat in Talk City a white pop up box appears with "reconnect, help, close" tabs in the upper right hand corner...help either tells me only one window can be open at a time or to check my connections.  I've tried downloading different things but maybe I just don't know what I'm doing.....

Are you trying to use the BROWSER to get to the chat rooms?  I never tried it that way.  Have you tried to look for the IM Apps available in the Market?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Rhonda101

Yes, through default browser, Bing, MSN, etc.  I will try your suggestions...yes, I see a couple that I can try..thanks!!  I'll let you know if it worked!

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

yeah, if you're going through the browser and the chat rooms use flash then it isn't going to work (at least for the time being).  The Fascinate comes with Flash Lite but it's pretty much useless

0 Likes