I HATE BING!!
jmaxwell92264

Can I get rid of Bing?  It keeps popping up when I want to use Google Maps or Google Search.  It just keeps getting in the way constantly and is totally frustrating.  Also, the Car Craddle app brings up Bing for search and VZ Navigator for maps.  Clearly an upsell for the VZ Navigator, and I don't want to pay for it if Google Maps is free (and also better).  Anyone know how to change the Car Craddle settings? 

Also, what about the Desk Craddle settings?  It refreshes the temperature once every 3 hours, and I see no way to change that or to refresh manually either one.  Not very useful unless the temperature is current.

And one more item I need help with.  How do you run Windows Media Player?  A website I like has lots of video that requires Media Player to run.

0 Likes
Re: I HATE BING!!
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

jmaxwell92264 wrote:

Can I get rid of Bing?  It keeps popping up when I want to use Google Maps or Google Search.  It just keeps getting in the way constantly and is totally frustrating.  Also, the Car Craddle app brings up Bing for search and VZ Navigator for maps.  Clearly an upsell for the VZ Navigator, and I don't want to pay for it if Google Maps is free (and also better).  Anyone know how to change the Car Craddle settings? 

Also, what about the Desk Craddle settings?  It refreshes the temperature once every 3 hours, and I see no way to change that or to refresh manually either one.  Not very useful unless the temperature is current.

And one more item I need help with.  How do you run Windows Media Player?  A website I like has lots of video that requires Media Player to run.

Bing is here to stay unless you do something special to your phone..
0 Likes
Re: I HATE BING!!
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

I want to apologize but by design, BING is the default search engine.  You may elect to customize your device to mirror the Google Search experience found on other droid devices using the following directions below:

Note: The default search key on the device and search widget will always point to BING. You may place a shortcut to the Google Search and/or Maps application on the home screen for quick access and use.

• After signing into Google Market, search for the application that you want to install on the device (i.e. Google Maps). Then, install the desired app.
  • The browser homepage may be changed (e.g. to Google.com) by selecting More > Settings > Set Home Page.

Additionally, you can change the Desk Cradle to not update the weather by accessing the application on your phone by

1) Clicking Applications

2) Desk Cradle> Daily Briefing

3) Menu key (bottom left of phone)-- This brings up settings at the bottom of screen

4) Click Settings

5)Click weather application (usually acuweather.com)

6) Click Auto Refresh option and choose None

7) Click OK

0 Likes