How to uninstall the Weather Clock?
writur

I noticed that the Samsung Weather Clock widget that came pre-installed on my Fascinate has access to way more than I think it should, including:

- Your personal information - (ability to read/write calendar and contact data)

- Services that cost you money - (ability to directly dial phone numbers that cost, like 900 numbers)

- Your accounts

And then some. I'd like to get rid of the widget because it shouldn't need these permissions just to show me the weather in my location. I can remove it from my Home screen, but that won't uninstall it. Can anyone tell me how to uninstall it? Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: How to uninstall the Weather Clock?
papa_leo
Contributor - Level 1

There is no way (unless not on the unrooted phone) to uninstall application that came with a phone. I agree that is wrong but it is what it is an if you can't live with it you may phone to downgrade for dumb phone.

In regards to your personal information and your accounts a lot of applications that come from the Android market have warning about it. If you disagree, don't install it or purchase paid version of the application. 

I am not aware that Weather Clock application may cause you money by dialing 900 numbers unintentional) but I have to agree that malicious programs may do that.

I am not using Weather Clock, instead I am using Weather Bug. But if you are worry about some calls are being done without our permission, you may want to monitor your bill and confront Verizon about it. FCC are very strict about slamming and should Verizon be unable to help you with unauthorized charges, you may always file complain with FCC.

0 Likes