How to set the Fascinate SD card as being the data source for ringtone selection.
systemcrash

I want to select my ringtones from my Fasinate's SD memory card so that I can transfer already purchased Verizon ringtones to my new phone from my deactivated ones. How do I do that? My deactivated phone (BlackBerry Curve) had the ability to assign where data was stored and where each application got their data from when running. Thank you for any help.

0 Likes
Re: How to set the Fascinate SD card as being the data source for ringtone selection.
Lepik84
Enthusiast - Level 3

If i am understanding you correctly you want to transfer old Ringtones that you purchased from Verizon to place on SD and transfer over to Fascinate?

If that is correct then i dont believe you can because they are copyrighted and would remain on the device they are downloaded. If it is music on your SD card like songs and things you must save your contacts to "PHONE" and not Google and then under "Edit" there will be an option to set a specific ringtone for people but it only works if you have contacts saved to phone and not Goggle. 

0 Likes
Re: How to set the Fascinate SD card as being the data source for ringtone selection.
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

Content libraries are unique to each supported device with the VZW Tones Deluxe application supporting the complete library.  

Content eligible for My Media Retrieval: 

• Get It Now/ Media Store Games and Applications
  • VZW Tones Ringtone content only

Content not eligible for My Media Retrieval (will be grayed out and unable to select within the My Media Retrieval Screen):

• Full track songs
  • Wallpaper content
  • Ringback Tones (Ringback tones transfer automatically)
  • Non-VZW Tones Ringtone content
  • Premium Messaging Content (PSMS)
  • Mobile Web applications
  • V CAST Video
  • Expired subscriptions
  • Incompatible applications (device cannot support application)
  • Content purchases within 48 hours of ESN change
  • Content not transferred with any previous ESN change
  • Applications no longer supported through Media Center 
Navigate to the www.verizonwireless.com, enter the 10-digit mobile number and password then click Sign In.

Click Media.
Click Learn More.
Click Get Started.

Ensure the desired items are selected then click Retrieve.

To continue, ensure I agree to the terms and conditions is checked then click Accept.

Download the desired items.

Ringtones

Downloading retrieved ringtones 

Ringtones retrieved from the website will be sent via a picture message. 

From the main screen, press the left soft key to choose Message.

Select Inbox then press the center of the 5-way navigation pad.

Select the desired picture message then press the center of the 5-way navigation pad.

Press the right soft key to choose Options.

Select Save (As) Ringtone / Save Sound then press the center of the 5-way navigation pad.

Enter a name for the file if desired then press the center of the 5-way navigation pad.

0 Likes