How to block Spam text from random number
bikram

So, here's the story. I somehow (knowingly or unknowingly) touched & dialled a number from an adult content app and then hung up. Since that day, I keep getting text msgs from different numbers, with lewd text & asking me to call a number (constant across all these sms-es). I block the number using MyVerizon number blocking service; but in 2-3 days I get similar text, asking me to call the same number, from a different number. I keep on blocking this new number (from where the text came) and they keep on sending same text from a different number. This keep on increasing my text bill.

Is there any way to stop this nonsense?

1. If I reply to one of those texts saying "STOP", as the verizon customer care rep suggested, wouldn't that flag my number as LIVE and they'll start sending me more texts?
  2. How about using sms blocker apps? Again, question there is - do the sms blocker apps just delete spam msgs upon receiving and will I still incur the sms cost in my bill?

Please advice. I'm totally frustrated about this...

0 Likes
Re: How to block Spam text from random number
B33
Legend

Yup there is a way you need to call C.S. an ask if they will Block Calls an Text from this Number i have had this Set up in the past. You can have them also block Text from Companies that want to sell you stuff as Well.  Give them a call in the Morning an they should have you Fixed Up. B33

0 Likes
Re: How to block Spam text from random number
bright2012

As for app I can say that anyway texts are coming to your phone...I have got Call Control installed and I even wrote to their tech support. I got an answer that it is just impossible not to direct texts to your phone. And not one app does this. Yes, you will not see them if the number is blocked, but texts will be there.

In some situations it is even comfortable - if I block someone's number so that he or she doesn't call but still want to read texts)))

0 Likes