How many have received refurbished replacements from Verizon and have had success?
kabull
Contributor - Level 1

Hello,

Just curious how many of you out there have received a replacement handset from Verizon and had it work out?  This seems to be the only option they are offering at this point to help out.  My phone is in mint condition and I hate not knowing what I am getting but the fact is I can use this phone to talk on much. 

0 Likes
Re: How many have received refurbished replacements from Verizon and have had success?
carseller0822
Contributor - Level 3

I'm on my 3rd week with a refurbished handset and my only regret is that I didn't get one sooner. I really enjoy my phone now. When it arrived it looked like a brand new phone and I have had ZERO problems with it.

0 Likes
Re: How many have received refurbished replacements from Verizon and have had success?
joesem
Enthusiast - Level 2

Im on my 4th Nexus, only had it 24 hours tho so i dont know.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i've actually bought 2 refurbs (they sell the certified preowned devices cheaper than the brand new ones. i bought an allias II and original moto droid). there was no way to tell that they weren't brand new, and they worked just fine. the allias is now over two years old and my wife still uses it and the droid was for my brother who used it for a year and a half, until he had an upgrade and got a new phone.

0 Likes
DroidudeAZ
Contributor - Level 2

I bought my first Galaxy Nexus in early January 2011 and paid $650 for it. It was replaced for another new one 2 weeks later with the option to change to a Razr Maxx at the time (wish I had) and when the 2nd one crapped out (bad radios, reception etc) they said the replacement would be a certified like new replacement. I replied that it had only been 2 months since I bought it, paid full price for it and got no sympathy. Surprisingly, the refurb has worked well until last weekend when the radios started getting wonky again and I have a couple of unexplained battery drains. I'm hoping the update will take care of these things otherwise I'm going back to Motorola.

0 Likes