How long should I keep Fascinate charging?
JMR23

So I'm new to the world of smart phones...How long should I ideally charge my phone? 

I bought an additional charger (docking station) for use at home - and keep the charger it came with at my office.  If I keep the phone in the docking station charging all night is that good or bad for the battery life? 

My old LG flip phone I'd try to just charge for about an hour and it was usually good to go for about 2 days.  I found if I left it hooked up and charging for too long or overnight the battery would usually start to die faster and I would have to eventually replace the battery.

I'm not sure if I should treat my new Samsung Fascinate the same way or if keeping it fully charged is better when I'm not using it.

Anybody have input on this?

0 Likes
Re: How long should I keep Fascinate charging?
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

I just put it on the charger every night and leave it there til the next morning.  Did the same thing with the Droid for the 9 months I had it and didn't notice any negative impact on the battery.  The Fascinate charges a little differently than the Droid did though.  Once the Fascinate reaches full charge, it stops charging until it reaches ~96%, tops it off again and the process repeats.  Guess it's an added mechanism to prevent overcharging.

0 Likes
drod47591

will the phone give a message that the charging has completed?

0 Likes
kdsimms1

Once the phone is charged, it displays a window that it is fully charged and to disconnect the charger.

0 Likes
papa_leo
Contributor - Level 1

I am charging my phone every night during a weekdays while it's turned off. I am setting it on charger at about 11 pm with about 30% left and by 3 am, a green battery with 100% is being displayed. I am not taking it off charger until 5 am.

During the weekend, when I am not using it so often, I am charging Friday night and then next time Sunday night giving a battery a night off.

0 Likes