How do you upgrade Android Market?
buddybones
Enthusiast - Level 1

I downloaded the Norton Security app and clicked on its offer to upgrade to the full version. It said I could not unless I have Android Market version 5 or higher. So I hit Settings, Apps, Android Market, and saw that my brand new Samsung Galaxy Nexus came with Android Market version 3.4.4. So, I have been struggling ever since to learn how to upgrade Android Market. Google technical support told me to open Android Market, switch to my Home screen, and wait 20 minutes for Android Market to upgrade itself. Didn't work. Somebody please solve this problem!

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do you upgrade Android Market?
buddybones
Enthusiast - Level 1

I, Buddy Bones,  tried once again to upgrade to the full version of Norton Mobile Security and it worked!  I did not get the usual response asking me to upgrade my version 3.4.4 of Android Market to version 5 first. So, I guess the mixup was somewhere at the Norton factory because now it smoothly upgrades to the full version of Norton Security Mobile which, by the way, is awesome!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Android Market 3.4.4 is the same version I have. I believe that is the latest version of the Market application.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
sb4663
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm running 3.4.4 too.. probably a bug on Norton's side... They are known for typos in code... lol

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

3.4.4 is the most recent build so I agree that it must be a Norton issue...  Have you tried Kaspersky or Lookout AV, I perfer them over Norton anyway, but that is me but worth checking out...

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello buddybones,

Sorry for any confusion concerning the Market application on your Nexus.  I am glad to assist!

Thanks to all of the Community members for the great feedback!  Just as mentioned already, the Market version 3.4.4 you currently have on your Galaxy Nexus is the most current version.  I would suggest reaching out to the application developer to advise them the application update is not available for your version.

I hope I have answered your questions, and have addressed your concerns.

Thanks,

AnthonyTa_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
buddybones
Enthusiast - Level 1

I, Buddy Bones,  tried once again to upgrade to the full version of Norton Mobile Security and it worked!  I did not get the usual response asking me to upgrade my version 3.4.4 of Android Market to version 5 first. So, I guess the mixup was somewhere at the Norton factory because now it smoothly upgrades to the full version of Norton Security Mobile which, by the way, is awesome!

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Glad you got it resolved...

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Me too, Wildman.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes