Help with restoring Apps
techlife2
Verizon asked me to do a factory reset to solve an issue with my phone. Is there a quick way of re-installing my free apps I originally installed from the Android Market?
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Help with restoring Apps
hudtownman
Enthusiast - Level 3

I used an app called My Backup (the free version). It will backup all your apps and data and allow you to restore them after a factory reset. I just did a factory reset this week and with this app it took about an hour or two to restore the phone back to what it was prior to the reset. Pretty slick. I know Titanium backup is a good app as well, if you have a rooted phone. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
hudtownman
Enthusiast - Level 3

I used an app called My Backup (the free version). It will backup all your apps and data and allow you to restore them after a factory reset. I just did a factory reset this week and with this app it took about an hour or two to restore the phone back to what it was prior to the reset. Pretty slick. I know Titanium backup is a good app as well, if you have a rooted phone. 

0 Likes
techlife2
Thank you, I just checked out the app but I noticed the free version is only good for 30 days - So, the next time I need to do a factory reset, I will install it just before I perform the reset. Thanks again....
0 Likes
4UserName

I used "App Backup & Restore"

FREE :smileyhappy: !

PERFECT!

Also, "Apps Organizer" is great to have, too.  It allows you to categorize your apps into folders.  Then, you can put the "folders" as shortcuts on your pages... I've gone from seven pages (I think that's the max) down to three (actually, two..."Buddies Now" has a page all by itself)...  It's a wonderful app!

Good Luck!

0 Likes
clareance

I have had a phone replacement by my insurance and need my new phone set up

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

clareance wrote:

I have had a phone replacement by my insurance and need my new phone set up

Go to your local Verizon store and ask them for help, the customer service should provide that service hands down.
0 Likes
ChaunceyM_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

Hello clareance! What exactly are you trying to setup? If you are attempting to activate the phone please dial *228 and select option 1 and follow the prompts. Please ensure any phone active on the number currently is powered off. If this does not answer your question, reply and provide me with more details. 

ChaunceyM_ZWSupport

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
I cant activate my phone..
benjamine

i have tried all possible ways and still cant activate after factory reset.  when i call *228 it says wrong number. please i need help.

0 Likes
Re: I cant activate my phone..
kpoole2287

Have you tried calling verizon directly from another phone? They should be able to help you with that. They are going to have you type some numbers into the phone and that will take you to a few activation screens. They should walk you through the entire process.

0 Likes