Help with my keyboard messing up
rosaretzer

I have the samsung fascinate and I use the regular android keyboard when I text, not the swype. Half the  time when I am texting my letters won't work and I have to put my phone to sleep and start it back up to get it to work again. I didn't know if there was a reason and if I can fix it.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Help with my keyboard messing up
vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

Good afternoon rosaretzer.

I know personally, if I had problems with text messaging, it would easily distract my entire day!  What is the current software version of your Fascinate?  The newest version should be i500.ED05.  I know you said you use the regular keyboard when you text, but is it the original stock text keyboard or did you download it from the Market?  If it was downloaded, you can try removing the application and restart your device.  If it is the original stock text keyboard, try removing Predict Text from the settings.  Below I have provided you with the steps to remove Predict Text.

1. Select Settings

2. Select Language & Keyboard

3. Select Samsung Keypad

4. Uncheck XT9 (predictive text)

Also, please select the following link to remove applications from your device.  Remove Applications

Thank you,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Help with my keyboard messing up
vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

Good afternoon rosaretzer.

I know personally, if I had problems with text messaging, it would easily distract my entire day!  What is the current software version of your Fascinate?  The newest version should be i500.ED05.  I know you said you use the regular keyboard when you text, but is it the original stock text keyboard or did you download it from the Market?  If it was downloaded, you can try removing the application and restart your device.  If it is the original stock text keyboard, try removing Predict Text from the settings.  Below I have provided you with the steps to remove Predict Text.

1. Select Settings

2. Select Language & Keyboard

3. Select Samsung Keypad

4. Uncheck XT9 (predictive text)

Also, please select the following link to remove applications from your device.  Remove Applications

Thank you,

0 Likes