Help- A variety of issues...
SubaruWRX2_2

I am on my second Facinate as my first one had software failure.  The nice thing is it was covered under warranty, or I wouldn't have gotten a new one.

Anyway, I have been having MAJOR issues with this phone and took it back to Best Buy for them to look at.  When I showed them my phone the guy said that is your problem as they  have had nothing but issues with the Facinate. 

I have been fighting with it for about 3 months and have not worried about it, but since I was downsized last week I need it to be working properly. 

1) The phone will just shut off on its own.  It can be in my pocket or just sitting on the table. The battery is tight and maintains a full charge.

2) If I take a picture or even open up the camera the phone will just freeze and I have to take the battery out and reset the phone.

3) If I am on a call the phone will either disconnect or shut off.

4) Voice mail and texts will not come through for several hours and sometimes even days.

If anyone has any help I would greatly appreciate it.  I am up for renew at the end of December so i just have to make it 6 weeks or so..

0 Likes
Re: Help- A variety of issues...
mrpearsoy
Contributor - Level 3

SubaruWRX2.2 wrote:

I am on my second Facinate as my first one had software failure.  The nice thing is it was covered under warranty, or I wouldn't have gotten a new one.

Anyway, I have been having MAJOR issues with this phone and took it back to Best Buy for them to look at.  When I showed them my phone the guy said that is your problem as they  have had nothing but issues with the Facinate. 

I have been fighting with it for about 3 months and have not worried about it, but since I was downsized last week I need it to be working properly. 

1) The phone will just shut off on its own.  It can be in my pocket or just sitting on the table. The battery is tight and maintains a full charge.

2) If I take a picture or even open up the camera the phone will just freeze and I have to take the battery out and reset the phone.

3) If I am on a call the phone will either disconnect or shut off.

4) Voice mail and texts will not come through for several hours and sometimes even days.

If anyone has any help I would greatly appreciate it.  I am up for renew at the end of December so i just have to make it 6 weeks or so..

Depending on what phone you are wanting to upgrade to, if you call customer service and politely plead your case with them in regards to your situation, they may allow you to upgrade early. It all depends on who you get.

0 Likes
Re: Help- A variety of issues...
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

sounds like its a software issue

i would suggest doing a facotry reset and clearing all caches

this will sometimes fix it

the fascinate ran great with eclair, it seems that with each update to the os vzw introduced bugs

i have mine set to ignore updates, but i cant discuss how that was done, and still on eclair

or you can go the dark route and put a custom rom it

0 Likes
Help- A variety of issues...
SubaruWRX2_2

Well I have good news. I spoke to Customer service and they are allowing me to do an early upgrade on the 18th.  He was polite and understood my situation and said on the 18th we will have the Ipone 5's available and to call then...   I will keep everyone posted.  It doesn't hurt that I have been with them since they were Bell Atlantic... Smiley Happy

0 Likes