Headphone jack sticking?
Bryan_Kinsey

I am having a sound issue with my Nexus. I only have sound if I plug in a headphone.

I have tried the toothpick rick trying to remove any debris from the headphone jack. I have reset the phone to default settings. I have rebooted multiple times and removed the battery to do a cold boot.

The phone worked like a champ for about 24 hours with out issue.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Headphone jack sticking?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

A bad speaker should be covered by the manufacturer warranty.

Can you take it to the place where you purchased it and show them that the speaker isn't working. Then they can order you a certified replacement.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't quite understand. You have sound when headphones are plugged in and no sound when you don't?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Bryan_Kinsey

Correct. my phone ringer, text message announcements, meeting reminders, youtube, mp3, will all work through my headphones. When I unplug my headphones, I get no audio at all.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Maybe you have a bad speaker.

Is the Volume turned up when the headphones are unplugged?

0 Likes
Bryan_Kinsey

I was thinking the headphone jack is somehow incorrectly sensing the jack is in use. It could be a speaker that went out. Sad thing is this phone has been hands down the best one I have ever had. 😞

I had a similar problem with a Pal Pre I had years ago. The tech had to re-solder the connections on the headphone jack. Definitely not something I am looking at doing on a phone less than 2 days in my possession.

The phone I replaced with the Nexus never exhibited these symptoms.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

A bad speaker should be covered by the manufacturer warranty.

Can you take it to the place where you purchased it and show them that the speaker isn't working. Then they can order you a certified replacement.

0 Likes