Having trouble setting up school's email on device
mvmotta
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was able to so  easily on my BB Storm, but I am unable to do so on the Fascinate.  I am not sure of what type of email server it is, and i tried all the options the phone suggested with no luck. any advice?  Thanks so much.. Otherwise totally digging the phone.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Having trouble setting up school's email on device
mvmotta
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey there. I looked on my school's website and discovered through the "email FAQ" page that I could simply have my school email forwarded to my gmail account.  Problem solved!   I am so releived  to have this figured out since all my teachers use this as thier one form of communicating.  Thanks again for your suggestion, :smileyhappy:

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ambreezy
Contributor - Level 3

I have read your post and understand your concern for the email setup on your device. Here are the steps to the email setup.

Samsung Fascinate-Email Setup

1: From the home screen, tap Applications to open the Applications list, then tap Email. (If you have existing accounts select Menu, Add Account or Menu, Accounts List, Menu Add Account).

2: Enter your Email address and Password. Then tap Next. Most accounts configure automatically. If prompted for the type of account, go to Step 5.

3: If your account has configured successfully, you will see a confirmation screen. Simply add a name for this account, and the name you want displayed on outgoing messages and then tap Done.

4: You will be taken to your email inbox and your messages will start appearing. Tap Menu (icon), and then Account Settings. Adjust your Email Schedule and any notification settings. A frequency of 15 minutes is recommended.

5: Select the type of Email account (i.e. POP or IMAP).

6: Enter the Incoming Server Settings and choose whether to delete email from the server then Tap Next.

7: Enter the Outgoing Server Settings, your username and password and tap Next. Then set the options for the frequency of checking your email, press

Here is a link to access the steps and further information for the Fascinate:

http://support.vzw.com/clc/devices/index.html?p=5528

0 Likes
mvmotta
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi there.. thanks for your reply. I am not an email whiz, so I don't know if my college's email server is a POP3 or IMAP.  I really don't know what a 'port' number is either!  As I said, when I set this up on my BB I only needed my email address and password.  The address ends in .edu instead of .com..... does that help? Thanks!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Ask the school's IT department.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

What College are you going to.  Most Colleges use POP mail and do not use IMAP.  A very small amount of colleges use IMAP, and only select major classes(usually IT, or business) use exchange.

You best bet is to as above said check with your schools IT department, or start with POP setup.

0 Likes
mvmotta
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey there. I looked on my school's website and discovered through the "email FAQ" page that I could simply have my school email forwarded to my gmail account.  Problem solved!   I am so releived  to have this figured out since all my teachers use this as thier one form of communicating.  Thanks again for your suggestion, :smileyhappy:

0 Likes